X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEAPER STOLEN!!!!!what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LEAPER STOLEN!!!!!what are my options?

so it was my gf's birthday so i took her to niagra for the weekend, her brother cam up and brought her 02 - x-type, well last night someone stole the leaper off her jag....not impressed. it was on cameria at Travellodge and they refused to review the tapes, the cameria is aimed right where her car was which is the reason why we had it parked there. they claimed they dont even know if they have camerias... BS. police report is useless so we just left.

so what are the options of replacements? obviously origional, ive heard of flush ones from europe? and removeable ones?
there was no damage to the hood thank god.
any 1 have one for sale?

Old 10-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: LEAPER STOLEN!!!!!what are my options?

Sorry to hear about that nasty incident .Ken must have got some leaper in his stock . Removable ones ? You may wanna try Arden's leapers as well

Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss... but if you search through the threads there was a post about a removable magnetic? leaper which was priced decent. Or you can always try a scrap yard or ebay.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the flat Jaguar emblem and I've never looked back. They're usually 20 bux on ebay. I'd go with that. I love mine much better than the leaper.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, I feel your pain....kinda. Someone tried to steal mine last night.I came out to go to work this morning and my Leaper was twisted around backward. I hope this was just an isolated incident and they wont ever touch my car again, but morons can be persistent. I cant imagine my Jag without my Leaper, its a sacrilege. Im going to shop for a replacement for when the inevitable happens. I hadnt seen the magnetic ones, Ill check into that, it sounds like the best bet.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:52 PM

ok so i got a new leaper used off ebay for 150 shipped, a lot better than jag wanted 289 plus tax, used means its probably the one that got taken off her car to begin with...unfortunatelly.....
so here is the problem, her older bro thought he would try to put it on without any tools and he lost the spring...anyone have any idea how i can attach this? i would rather bake it a bolt on and bolt off but i just dont have the time. nor do i havea welder. the magnet sounds a little scary, i can just picture it flying off on the highway and smashing the windshield.
the leaper has a metal wire looped and crinmed on the base, as it should,..should i just go 2 a hardware store and buy a new spring and jimmy rig the wire to stay on?

Old 11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not be scared of the magnetic solution. If you get a proper installation, the magnets are quite strong, and there is no chance the leaper will fly off without being struck. In other words, you might lose it hitting an animal, but you will not lose it to a gust.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:11 PM

ok i got it on, its on kinda how factory would be, i got a spring from crappy tire and used a nut and bolt to attach the wire insted of the crimped on kinda cup on it... its on really good but the spring isnt as strong as factory so it is easier to move around. but its good.