X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Help!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Help!

Hey guys...i found this nifty sight via google and I figured you guys would be of great help. First off id like to start off and say I dont know much about cars =\. Heres my problem: The passenger speakers (i believe front and back) simply just stopped working..... I was wondering what the problem could be =\. Could any of you guys maybe break it down as simple as possible for me? =\

Please and thank you!

-Mike

Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 AM

oh ya! duh i forgot to mention that it is 2002 and black ( i dont know if that matters ) .

Old 02-19-2010, 10:23 AM

Hehehe I tried that already and when i put it all the way to the right i can hear something but its very very low (as if it is far away). I tried to google the problem and it seems as if it is common in X-types and other people are having problems with it.

I found this site but i did not understand how to fix it..... again im not good with all this =\

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...efine:+tweeter

Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeEasy
Hehehe I tried that already and when i put it all the way to the right i can hear something but its very very low (as if it is far away). I tried to google the problem and it seems as if it is common in X-types and other people are having problems with it.

I found this site but i did not understand how to fix it..... again im not good with all this =\

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...efine:+tweeter
Sounds like a ground issue, but either way it's going to be a bit of a job to repair. Easiest thing to check first is to press on the outside (as in not the middle) edge of the speaker to see if it comes back on, of it does you'll have to remove your door panel to check the wires on the back of the speaker. The fact that you hear anything means that there is a signal going there but the speaker wire is probably not grounded properly or is shorting out with the positive wire someplace. Is it front and back or just the front?

If everything is fine there you have to pull the radio. There are quite a few diagrams of how to do it on this site if you use the search function. It's easy but takes some time.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Red face Radio Problems

I just bought my Jaguar 02, X-Type in November of 09. I was having a problem of the same nature, it to me sounded like the sound was low. I have been turning wrenchs for 40 years, never seen this kind of problem before. I ask around and got all kinds of answers, it was the amp, it was ground wires, it was optical wiring. Was none of that and some of the answers were really wild. I started working on the system and I found that I was getting sound from the tweeters and not from the mid-range speachers. I found that all 4 of the mid-range speacher were shot. Don't ask me how that happened I have no idea. I pulled the panels hooked up a old speacher I had laying around from another car, and the mid-range worked, I checked the same with all the rest, they all worked also. I replaced the mid-range speacker with new ones and now have an awsome sound system. I still don't know what would cause all 4 speacker to go at the same time. But check your speackers. This is a common problem from other people I have talked to with audio problems with there Jaguars. I hope this gives you a start to finding your problem.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
ud
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

forget google, and use the search here....

Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Did a quick search and it could be this - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22696

Or maybe this - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29584
If you read from post 4 in this thread, it turned out the problem was simply a disconnected wire under the dash.

Last edited by Krisfx; 02-21-2010 at 05:46 AM.