Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where is my brake booster pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default where is my brake booster pipe?

my dealer told me to change the brake booster pipe,

i want to look at it and show it to my mechanic friend and see if we can replace it on our own,

so anyone like to tell us where that is?

p.s. picture would be nice

thanks in advance

mike

Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 391 Likes on 288 Posts

go to my thread (MY X-TYPE PROJECTS AND INSTALLS ) YOU MAY HAVE TO GO THROUGH A FEW PAGES BUT YOU WILL FIND A WRITE UP WITH PICS AND LOCATION

Old 07-08-2010, 12:09 AM

u r good with cars man,

i looked at your post and yes there is write about brake booster pipe but it only says that it's be broken, that's it and there is all different code for different error light, do u have any other post or can just tell me where it is? with picture it would be really nice and helpful at the same time

and i also have another question where did u get your grill from? and about wheel crome, i went on the website but didn't clearly get idea how much is it wouth, how much it cost you?

and after doing all this projects and install , how much is car worth now?

thank in advance

Old 07-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by maikal_0011
my dealer told me to change the brake booster pipe,

i want to look at it and show it to my mechanic friend and see if we can replace it on our own,

so anyone like to tell us where that is?

p.s. picture would be nice

thanks in advance

mike
I have a question for you. Why is your dealer telling you to replace the brake booster hose?
Do you have some engine trouble codes indicating a vacuum leak. If you don't have any trouble codes I don't understand why they are suggesting the hose be replaced. I would ask then to show me the hose and why it needs replacing.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 AM

he just said that your brake booster pipe needs to be replaced,

engine or dashboard doesn't give any kind of error and i don't have problem with brakes, they just work fine

and i also asked him but i have to deal with advisor and advisor deals with technician and i asked him and he didn't know where it was, end of the story that's why i am never going back to jaguar dealership again

so u know where that pipe is?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

the pipe goes between the brake booster and the intake manifold. the black and grey check valve in the middle deteriorates being above the rear cats heat. it will eventually be a vacuum leak. to remove press in the black ring around the base then withdraw the tube from the intake. the booster side just pulls out, but grab close so you dont snap the plastic line. Now get some heat shring the same size as that check valve(1" approx) and heat shrink it over that and the line to seal. This how I normally repair. Or buy a new booster pipe theyre about $100+ take your pic couple dollars or a hundred

Old 07-08-2010, 04:35 PM

that help lot but i still can't picture it
i will take your description to local autoshop and hope he will identify it

thanks

mike

Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brake boost pipe circled in attached pic. I replaced mine and found the O-ring in the intake was rock hard and had to be replaced. Had a really hard time getting it out of the intake because of how hard the O-ring was. I hadn't heard of the heat shrink fix I might have tried that method if I had thought of it.

Attached Thumbnails where is my brake booster pipe?-img_2124.jpg  

Last edited by dstolp; 07-08-2010 at 07:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Restojavi (10-14-2012)
Old 07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by maikal_0011
he just said that your brake booster pipe needs to be replaced,

engine or dashboard doesn't give any kind of error and i don't have problem with brakes, they just work fine

and i also asked him but i have to deal with advisor and advisor deals with technician and i asked him and he didn't know where it was, end of the story that's why i am never going back to jaguar dealership again

so u know where that pipe is?
For starters, I'd find a different dealership. If the service writer doesn't have any knowledge of what he's talking about then that's a clue to get out of there. If your not having any trouble with your brakes and not getting any codes displayed then I would say that the hose is OK. Are you having any problems with your car's performance that points to a vacuum leak?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM

to dstolp, thanks for pic, i will check it out

and other members who helped me on this forum, i deeply appreciate it

thank u very much

Mike

Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Machine
If your not having any trouble with your brakes and not getting any codes displayed then I would say that the hose is OK. Are you having any problems with your car's performance that points to a vacuum leak?
HELLO!!! Do you ever do preventative maintenance? Or do you wait till hoses burst, check engine lights come on, tires blow out? I meen really, they let him know it should be replaced and I would too if I saw it. How many people really like to wait till something fails and costs you more money, and untimely breakdown...Tow bills, sitting on the road, and if that pipe breaks, or becomes a big vacuum leak, you loose power brakes and end up with a very hard pedal....Thats just not good advise to let it go because he's not having a problem right now or check engine light...sorry its a cheap fix

Old 10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Booster issue on 2003

Hi all;

Newbie on Jag forums, so let me know if this is the wrong spot to "add-on" to a booster thread. Would hate to start another thread when this might be related.

Ok here it goes....

Had a Rotors and Pads job on all 4's back in June this year. Car ran/stopped fine up until late.

1.) Had coolant refill hose leak that "ate" by brake fluid reservoir cap and contaminated the lines as it was hard to stop. Hard Brake Petal.

2.) Have associated?? Check Engine light and my famous and lovely CRUISE NOT AVAILABLE light. Gotta love that limp mode, especially on the highway.

3.) Had lines bled by very reliable Jag mechanic. Same issues still persist with hard petal and check engine lights.

Mechanic says fault codes point to booster (which is what we thought).

Couple of questions:

-Is is this in fact the booster gone bad or just the brake booster pipe.
-Are these faults (check engine light and Cruise Not Available) normal for a booster issue?

Sorry if this went on a bit, or posted in a incorrect spot. I have an Alfa Romeo that I work on and post to their BB and try to keep "like" threads together.

Thanks in advance and for the patience.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

@JagUR, it seems to be a logical spot to me.

Hopefully the guys will be able to answer your questions.