Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Type Parts, Newcastle - One to avoid

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation X Type Parts, Newcastle - One to avoid

Hello folks

As a newbie on here just thought I would pass on my experience with X Type Parts who are based in Newcastle.

I recently ordered rear waist seals for both doors from them on 24 hour delivery. Waited in all day and nothing turned up at my door. Giving them the benefit of the doubt I waited for them the next day but still nothing.

Feeling rather disappointed I phoned the main number on the website which appeared to be permanently engaged. Waiting another couple of days I emailed them and having checked the order through their 'order tracking' found it was still processing.

After two days I got an email from 'Kev' saying he'd look into the problem and sort it out. That was 3 days ago. Suffice to say I have not received the goods. I know they haven't been given to Interlink couriers who they supposedly use because they always email or text before delivery.

I have now informed them of my intent to recover my money through the small claims if I am not given a full refund.

My advice is to avoid this company at all costs - customer service is non existent and they seem a right bunch of cowboys. There are a number of other dissatisfied people from various review sites who also have not received their goods from this company.

Have bought the seals from Hatfields who I have used plenty of times before - much better option although £10 more expensive but at least I know I'll get them.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

People have been having issues with the for some time now, but apparently before that they were exemplary.

A few threads on the UK forum regarding this:
Xtype Parts?
Xtypeparts.com
X Type Parts

I got a response from XTypeParts on eBay and posted it on the Finnish forum thread here (response is in English so you can read it ). About a week ago one member there also confirmed receiving their goods (though reportedly it was a 1 month wait).

The following 2 users liked this post by Aonsaithya:
Norri (11-01-2013), Stuart Beattie (02-20-2014)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hmmm .....I tried to contact them several times when I was looking at possible vendors to add to the forum.

Over many phone calls, at different times of the day and different days I could get no response, so I guess it doesn't bode well

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (02-20-2014)
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm suffering the same.

Ordered some parts from their online store, money's gone out of my account, no parts.

Tried ringing each of the two numbers 4 or 5 times and sent 2 emails, I've no reply, no parts.

Luckily, Barclays are now on the case and they've said, if they don't answer the phone to them like they won't for me, the money's as good as back in my account and they'll consider not processing anymore of their customers payments to XTypeparts and their associated companies, but I'm still p**ssed off with them.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been doing a little digging and it seems Jaguar X-Type Parts - Jaguar X-Type Spares and Jaguar X-Type Breakers are listed at the same address as quite a few other companies.
Seems these companies are all either jaguar breakers or car breakers in general.

When looking at the advertised addresses of these companies, it isn't so clear they are the same, using phrases as "near" and "opposite", to all intents they are the same place though.

Seems there are at least 6 telephone numbers that go along with these companies, some 0844, some 0800, some 0191, but only one number crosses over between Xtype parts and another company, but lucky me found a 079 number, hmm a mobile, and it's Jordan's to boot.

I eventually made contact and I was obviously fobbed off, but is there anyone else that would like the numbers and details of the other companies? Perhaps you have outstanding parts that you paid for and would like this information?
I'm not sure if I should post it just yet, but I could tell you how to find it, if the forum demands it, how could I refuse

Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Well at least as far as I'm concerned, I'd say from my short experiences I would advise members to at least think twice before dealing with them.

Anyone that does so after reading this advice does so at their own risk, simple