X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Type parts suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default X Type parts suppliers

Hey there guys this may be of some help to you's as you will know getting hold of a specific part can be hard well i have found a company in the UK who i have bought some things off and recently a power fold wing mirror kit for a upgrade. They do every part for the x type and specialize in them.

Last edited by JimC64; 09-11-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: link removed - Not a vendor of this forum!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL @ promotional post but good site.

Does anyone know how the power side mirrors activate? Need to know if I install them that they'll actually work on my sport model

Old 09-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

It's really easy to do Jason. I've just installed the power mirrors on mine, and also fitted an additional relay which activates the mirrors when you lock/unlock the car.

There are a number of factors as to what you need to make this work.

First, maybe you already have powerfold mirrors. Check for the little push-button next to the mirror adjustement switches. If not then moving on to;

Next, it depends on if you have memory seats or not.

If you don't have memory seats then the wiring looms in your doors need to be 7-wire. If you've got a 2004.25 or later then you'll have them. You can also retrofit those wiring looms to early cars.

If so then it's just a case of fitting the new mirrors with the powerfold motors in them, you also need a special relay in your fusebox under the drivers side dash, and the window/mirror switchpack with the button for the folding function. In addition you can fit a 2nd relay to activate the folding off the key-fob when you double-lock and unlock the car.

If you've got memory seats, this is pretty rare and the special 3-wire powerfold+memory mirrors are very hard to find...but usually if a car is spec'd up with memory seats, it already has the powerfolds.

As I said I already did this mod, so if you're interested I can send you more info.

P.S. I bought my mirror kit from this guy. Good service!

The following users liked this post:
JasonERF (09-18-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question jag parts

Do you have the web site or phone number.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo351
It's really easy to do Jason. I've just installed the power mirrors on mine, and also fitted an additional relay which activates the mirrors when you lock/unlock the car.

There are a number of factors as to what you need to make this work.

First, maybe you already have powerfold mirrors. Check for the little push-button next to the mirror adjustement switches. If not then moving on to;

Next, it depends on if you have memory seats or not.

If you don't have memory seats then the wiring looms in your doors need to be 7-wire. If you've got a 2004.25 or later then you'll have them. You can also retrofit those wiring looms to early cars.

If so then it's just a case of fitting the new mirrors with the powerfold motors in them, you also need a special relay in your fusebox under the drivers side dash, and the window/mirror switchpack with the button for the folding function. In addition you can fit a 2nd relay to activate the folding off the key-fob when you double-lock and unlock the car.

If you've got memory seats, this is pretty rare and the special 3-wire powerfold+memory mirrors are very hard to find...but usually if a car is spec'd up with memory seats, it already has the powerfolds.

As I said I already did this mod, so if you're interested I can send you more info.

P.S. I bought my mirror kit from this guy. Good service!

Is there any way to connect a 5 wire replacement mirror, using a 3 wires original control unit?
I own a 2005 X-Type VDP, and "lost" both mirrors, and now I already bought a pair that was supposed to be compatible... but they are 5 wire type.
I canīt exchange them and I donīt want to buy a new pair!!

Thank you for your advice!