XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Loss of pre-sets for Sat Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Loss of pre-sets for Sat Radio

Jaguar has finally come up with a PERMANENT software fix to eliminate the loss of Sat Radio station pre-sets.
It's about time. (13 months!)

DAVID C.
2016 XF

Old 05-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SPNJHockey
Jaguar has finally come up with a PERMANENT software fix to eliminate the loss of Sat Radio station pre-sets.
It's about time. (13 months!)

DAVID C.
2016 XF
Could you please elaborate? Do you have a Bulletin# or some other reference?

Old 05-05-2017, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ololly
Could you please elaborate? Do you have a Bulletin# or some other reference?
i'm work. Will check the svc doc when I get home.

Was in Svc in Feb and the SM stated late March or early April that the permanent fix would be available.
Went in last week and, voila, the software update was available and Sat Radio is now fixed.

The following users liked this post:
ololly (05-05-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't use my sat radio much but I did do a one year Sirius account. I had my last update in December - I'll keep this one in mind for my next service.
thanks!

Old 05-08-2017, 03:21 PM

I took my car to a dealer for service today and specifically asked for this update. He said that there are no SB for my vehicle in general, and this one in particular...

Old 05-08-2017, 11:09 PM
ololly (05-09-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 11:11 PM

Hope there's enough info here to help you.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:40 AM

Hope there's enough info here to help you.
Thank you for this! I think i understand why there are no updates - you have ICTP while I have ICT. They are different enough not to have a common update file.

uab9253 (05-09-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 09:01 AM

So, are you having preset retention issues?
I had gotten the impression from info that the
SM provided - that the preset probs were only applicable
to the radio with the small screen (I.e. The cheap radio).
BTW, kudos on your "R." Last time in, I had an "R" F Pace as a loaner.
Scared the sh-t outa me.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Ololly, what's the diff between ICTP and ICT?

Old 05-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Ololly, what's the diff between ICTP and ICT?
Despite the obvious differences in a screen size and a digital instrument cluster vs. mechanical you see a different functionality. Like the use of google maps, destination point notifications, different graphics, and (surprisingly) different voice commands. Ex. you cannot enter navigation commands by voice in ICTP, but you can in ICT.

I suspect they are two completely different shells running on the same kernel.

BTW, kudos on your "R." Last time in, I had an "R" F Pace as a loaner.
Scared the sh-t outa me.
Thank you. Unfortunately Jag is really inconsistent with their naming convention. R in this case is no more than cosmetic changes and slightly different (and luckily better IMHO) seats. I love it greatly though! This car is a lot of fun!

It is in the shop now (AC not cooling. Probably never was - I just didn't have a chance to turn it on before this) and that's how they told me that there are nothing to update for my car. I'm not sure what does "retain" mean in this context though. Couple of times the presets disappeared and I was stuck with the last tuned station for the whole trip. It was always coming back after the engine restart though.

And on the same note I got XE as a loaner. Seems like a completely different car despite the same powertrain and architecture. More agile and lively. More noisy (in a good sense - engine noise). Still I wouldn't trade my XF for the XE

Last edited by ololly; 05-09-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for this! I think i understand why there are no updates - you have ICTP while I have ICT. They are different enough not to have a common update file.
Be very glad too because when they went to update mine, they thought it was ICTP and the estimated update time was 90 minutes. The update I got for ICT was "only" 40 minutes.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:48 PM

...suspect they are two completely different shells running on the same kerneI'm not sure what does "retain" mean in this context though. Couple of times the presets disappeared and I was stuck with the last tuned station for the whole trip. It was always coming back after the engine restart though.
My radio did the same thing, but turning off the car and restarting did not reset it back to normal.
Most times though, whenever I'd start the car, all the presets in Sat Radio had disappeared and I was stuck with the last channel that I listened to - and couldn't change to another Sat Radio station.
Stay on the service manager for updates!

Last edited by SPNJHockey; 05-09-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:53 PM

Just saw this post. You described the same prob that I had with the Sat Radio. The last update removed all my radio problems.

Despite the obvious differences in a screen size and a digital instrument cluster vs. mechanical you see a different functionality. Like the use of google maps, destination point notifications, different graphics, and (surprisingly) different voice commands. Ex. you cannot enter navigation commands by voice in ICTP, but you can in ICT.

I suspect they are two completely different shells running on the same kernel.

Thank you. Unfortunately Jag is really inconsistent with their naming convention. R in this case is no more than cosmetic changes and slightly different (and luckily better IMHO) seats. I love it greatly though! This car is a lot of fun!

It is in the shop now (AC not cooling. Probably never was - I just didn't have a chance to turn it on before this) and that's how they told me that there are nothing to update for my car. I'm not sure what does "retain" mean in this context though. Couple of times the presets disappeared and I was stuck with the last tuned station for the whole trip. It was always coming back after the engine restart though.

And on the same note I got XE as a loaner. Seems like a completely different car despite the same powertrain and architecture. More agile and lively. More noisy (in a good sense - engine noise). Still I wouldn't trade my XF for the XE