XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Purchase Advice & Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase Advice & Pricing

Hi All,

I have been lurking for a while and reading threads but thought it time to introduce myself!

I am actively considering purchasing a used portfolio spec XF with a few options, experiences with dealers locally have been variable to say the least, so far have found a dealer which have been good so far.

One thing I am struggling with is the pricing, it seems to vary very widely, as does the spec, I have even seen some 3.0 XFS up for sale at the same prices as a 20d! and some 163hp 20d's up for more than 180's with the same spec?

Any advice anyone can share on pricing structure, I don't want to overpay and regret my choice, is there much in the way of price manoeuvring with dealers?

Many thanks in advance,

Rylan

Old 01-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

At the moment with the car market down by a substantial amount in recent months, you should be able to bargain on a car. Whether they'll play ball on if you have an unwanted part-ex is another matter.

Apart from the price and spec, are you factoring in mileage and age ? Also are you aware that the current XF, whilst looking very similar to the old one, is actually totally new with new engines, and a body shell that is mostly aluminium not steel ? The new XF came out in 2015 so bear this changeover in mind when making comparisons.

All you can really do is - do yourhomework on the internet to see what cars are selling for what prices. Main dealers will sell Jaguar Approved cars and charge accordingly. If the price is right this can be a good way of entering the Jaguar world as the warranty is good, but as it's in the price you pay, the price may seem high.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi, I am expat Brit who lives in the US, so I probably cannot help you with UK Jaguar pricing and discounts to be expected since i notice you are in Kent.

However, here pricing is very variable and most dealers are willing to deal on the pricing, starting at the MSRP and moving down. One way, here, to get a very good deal is to buy an ex demo vehicle which is often very low mileage and the current model year. Dealers here clear them out at the end of the year to make way for the new model cars. Not sure if it works the same way in the UK, but worth a thought.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

If you wait a bit it's likely they'll have unwanted diesels they simply cannot shift and eventually they might be cheap enough even though you'll suffer a big hit when you sell.

(Or buy a petrol.)