XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Its been fun

Old 06-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Its been fun

Come next week my 2011 XFR will be traded in on a 2016 Slip Stream Blue Chevy SS.

I have loved every minute of the XFR for the last two years, but the SS is a car I have wanted ever since I saw a commodore the first time I visited Australia in 2008.

I really was not in the market to get rid of the XFR and I had a number in mind that I did not think the dealer would touch and they nailed it, I got $32k for trade in for an XFR with almost 59k miles which is on the high side had I sold it on my own. The 6spd manual is something I missed when I traded in my STi on the XFR.

This has been a great forum to participate in and you guys have been very helpful for such a small community. I am sure one day I will be back in a Jag but for now I will be putzing around in a small block N/A Chevy via Australia.

BTW my 4.5 year old daughter almost cried when I told her the Jaguar was going away.

The following 3 users liked this post by boiler:
GGG (06-11-2016), JimC64 (06-10-2016), sklimii (06-14-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by boiler
Come next week my 2011 XFR will be traded in on a 2016 Slip Stream Blue Chevy SS.

I have loved every minute of the XFR for the last two years, but the SS is a car I have wanted ever since I saw a commodore the first time I visited Australia in 2008.

I really was not in the market to get rid of the XFR and I had a number in mind that I did not think the dealer would touch and they nailed it, I got $32k for trade in for an XFR with almost 59k miles which is on the high side had I sold it on my own. The 6spd manual is something I missed when I traded in my STi on the XFR.

This has been a great forum to participate in and you guys have been very helpful for such a small community. I am sure one day I will be back in a Jag but for now I will be putzing around in a small block N/A Chevy via Australia.

BTW my 4.5 year old daughter almost cried when I told her the Jaguar was going away.

Sorry to see you go boiler, but congrats on the new vehicle of course.
You'll always be made welcome here, Jag owner or not......

All my best
Jim

Old 06-11-2016, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Then you'll be needing a new forum, my old one LS1 Tech should serve you well with the new ride, they cover all LSx and LTx powerd vehicles. Take care

Old 06-11-2016, 02:40 AM
GGG
Received 16,758 Likes on 12,147 Posts

......... This has been a great forum to participate in and you guys have been very helpful for such a small community. I am sure one day I will be back in a Jag but for now I will be putzing around in a small block N/A Chevy via Australia.

Good to hear you've enjoyed both the XFR and the forum. I'm sure we'll see you again - Jaguars have a way of never letting go!

Graham

Old 06-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Very surprised on the trade number. I see they made the temptation too high. Let us know your feelings on the SS compared to the XFR.

And I kinda agree with your daughter...if someone took away my XFR, I'd cry too.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
Very surprised on the trade number. I see they made the temptation too high. Let us know your feelings on the SS compared to the XFR.

And I kinda agree with your daughter...if someone took away my XFR, I'd cry too.
The trade # floored me they started at $27K which is on the low side for trade in I expected to go back and forth a few times and end up leaving until they threw that down. Unfortunately for them they are going to loose money on that trade figure.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

The trade # floored me they started at $27K which is on the low side for trade in I expected to go back and forth a few times and end up leaving until they threw that down. Unfortunately for them they are going to loose money on that trade figure.
They're probably making up for it on the SS ;-)

Old 06-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
They're probably making up for it on the SS ;-)
Yep, it depends on what you paid for the SS

Old 06-11-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by kwiksilver
Yep, it depends on what you paid for the SS
Supplier discount and 1250 in rebates about 3k off sticker, which is inline with what others have been paying.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR

Initial thoughts

THe XFR is noticeably faster on the butt dyno but when you look at the times they are identical for both cars, instant TQ from the blower will get you every time

I will say after spending some time in the SS tonight the materials are vastly different but again when you go from an $80k car to a $50k car what do you expect and it is not even the big things more the little things, the clasp on the center console cheap flimsy plastic where on the jag it was nice and heavy and made a good thunk sound when you closed it, also when you shut the door on the SS with the windows down they rattle on the Jag up or down all you get is a nice thud, the seats 18 way power driver seat that smothers you on the XFR and a typical american seat built to hold a 500 pound man with no side bolster support at all on the SS. The active exhaust is nice as well in tour the exhaust is quiet put it in sport, performance or track and it sounds like a big V-8 should.

I am sure I will find more things but overall I have wanted this car for a LONG time and I got a deal that was really hard to pass up. I did have to take a red car over the blue for this deal but what can you do.

And going back to a manual felt AWESOME no longer can the damn computer tell me what gear I need to be in

Old 06-13-2016, 11:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Initial thoughts

THe XFR is noticeably faster on the butt dyno but when you look at the times they are identical for both cars, instant TQ from the blower will get you every time

I will say after spending some time in the SS tonight the materials are vastly different but again when you go from an $80k car to a $50k car what do you expect and it is not even the big things more the little things, the clasp on the center console cheap flimsy plastic where on the jag it was nice and heavy and made a good thunk sound when you closed it, also when you shut the door on the SS with the windows down they rattle on the Jag up or down all you get is a nice thud, the seats 18 way power driver seat that smothers you on the XFR and a typical american seat built to hold a 500 pound man with no side bolster support at all on the SS. The active exhaust is nice as well in tour the exhaust is quiet put it in sport, performance or track and it sounds like a big V-8 should.

I am sure I will find more things but overall I have wanted this car for a LONG time and I got a deal that was really hard to pass up. I did have to take a red car over the blue for this deal but what can you do.

And going back to a manual felt AWESOME no longer can the damn computer tell me what gear I need to be in
Those quality things you mention, along with the feel of the leather are the things I appreciate about the Jag. That it can be a luxo cruiser and a hooligan V-8 car are the charms for me. It's heavy and doesn't handle like a sports car, but it's not a sports car. It's a sports/luxury saloon, and at that it's perfect.

Good luck with the SS. And I'm pretty sure Jag sandbagged the 0-60 time.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:19 AM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

I'm glad to know that we are still exporting something apart from stuff dug out of the ground.

If you miss the supercharger you can buy off-the-shelf kits to put a TVS on the LS3, also engineered down here.

https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/autom...ommodore-ve-vf

Don't forget the exchange rate difference!

Old 06-14-2016, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo
I'm glad to know that we are still exporting something apart from stuff dug out of the ground.

If you miss the supercharger you can buy off-the-shelf kits to put a TVS on the LS3, also engineered down here.

https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/autom...ommodore-ve-vf

Don't forget the exchange rate difference!
Your exports will decrease big time when they shut the Holden plants down next year, it is a shame because the Commodore is NOTHING like the chevy vehicles that are made for the US. GM US could learn a thing or two from you guys.

The aftermarket is another nice change I can do almost anything I want to the SS with multiple vendors as options.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Actually the volume of the SS (and other left hand drive Holdens) is quite small, the upshot of that for you is that you have a very rare and exclusive car.

There are way more Jag XF's sold in North America than Chev SS, according to wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden...)#Chevrolet_SS less than 1400 SS were sold in the States from Jan-May 2016.

I was reading some marketing blurb on the SS, surprises me that our humble Commodore had features & options that weren't available on any US-developed Chev model, like the electric steering with automatic parking function.

Yeah the aftermarket support for these cars is huge down here, anything you want you can get.