XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2011 Jaguar XJ Supercharged Cluster/Dash turned black

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Jaguar XJ Supercharged Cluster/Dash turned black

Hello. Im new in this forum. Tried to search some posts and info but like I see it's not common problem. So without any previous issues my dashboard cluster turned into black. Car starts.Everything works but cluster stays black.

Thanks for help

Old 07-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

NESPO, sounds like you have a blown fuse that powers the instrument cluster. I would look in your owners manual for which fuse powers the instrument cluster and then replace that. Could be something that simple. Otherwise, you are most likely looking at trip to a service place to have them connect up a computer and force the instrument cluster to do a diagnostic on itself which will force it to light up all the LEDs as part of the test.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo
NESPO, sounds like you have a blown fuse that powers the instrument cluster. I would look in your owners manual for which fuse powers the instrument cluster and then replace that. Could be something that simple. Otherwise, you are most likely looking at trip to a service place to have them connect up a computer and force the instrument cluster to do a diagnostic on itself which will force it to light up all the LEDs as part of the test.
I thought about that , only thing that works is the airbag light on the side of the dash.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

NESPO, check fuse F61 in he central junction box. That is the one that powers the instrument cluster.

Just to make sure that I am understanding what you are saying. You can see the radio just fine. If you turn on the dash lights, they will light up except for the screen just above the steering wheel. Correct? I am looking at the electrical diagrams and making sure that I am going after the correct problem.

The following users liked this post:
NESPO (07-06-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
NESPO, check fuse F61 in he central junction box. That is the one that powers the instrument cluster.

Just to make sure that I am understanding what you are saying. You can see the radio just fine. If you turn on the dash lights, they will light up except for the screen just above the steering wheel. Correct? I am looking at the electrical diagrams and making sure that I am going after the correct problem.
Yes. You're absolutely right. Before it was no problems with dash. Media touchscreen , lights and everything else works. It's strange because like I heard that if cluster dont work car wont start. But it runs