XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2011 XJ Deferred Technology

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it connected thru the USB. Are you accessing playlist and artist from the iPod itself or on the XJ's touch screen?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ2573
I have it connected thru the USB. Are you accessing playlist and artist from the iPod itself or on the XJ's touch screen?
I am accessing it thru the xj touchscreen, from the iPod screen on the xj monitor I touch the browse button on the right and then you can search by artist, playlist and so forth. I think you can also access it thru voice command but I don't bother with voice commands too much, I have had it in various different makes of cars and it sucks in all of them, by the time you press the voice command button wait for the prompt say what you want then confirm it you could have done the action yourself way faster. The only useful part of it is to enter navigation addresses other than that it's only good to show off to friends, IMO.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx. There are so many different buttons I didn't notice the browse button, but I know where it is now

I found that my touchscreen doesn't always respond to my touch...software issue? Yes, I agree the voice command for navigation is much better than expected. But then again my expectations weren't set high, because prior to the XJ I had a 2009 XF SC and the voice command in that was just horrible.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ2573
Thx. There are so many different buttons I didn't notice the browse button, but I know where it is now

I found that my touchscreen doesn't always respond to my touch...software issue? Yes, I agree the voice command for navigation is much better than expected. But then again my expectations weren't set high, because prior to the XJ I had a 2009 XF SC and the voice command in that was just horrible.
I dont think the response on the touch screen is a software issue, touch screens in general are a little finicky you have to touch the buttons perfectly, but the same is true for any touchscreen whether it's the jag or an iPhone or computer. I also had a 2009 xf sc prior to the xj and I agree the voice command on it was pretty lame. All things considered the touch screen on the xj works well the only complaint is that it could be a little faster it be nice if we could add more RAM like in a pc that should help it out.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I will say all touch screens are not made equal. On a Iphone you can't have a glove on because it won't sense you hand. But on capacitive touch screen like my garmin nuvi GPS you can. I agree it could be faster but it also be more we responsive. Seems like you have to firmly press on it to get a response which I don't like.