XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Convertible top open part way...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Convertible top open part way...

I have read the owners manual and released the valve 1 full turn. I can move the top up, lift the rear window area... but how do get the tonneau cover up?! What do you grab or lift as there is nothing there at the mounding area. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by ‘Oleguy
I have read the owners manual and released the valve 1 full turn. I can move the top up, lift the rear window area... but how do get the tonneau cover up?! What do you grab or lift as there is nothing there at the mounding area. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you pull the cover 'release cable', should be right near, or maybe fell behind the valve?

Old 05-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Did you pull the cover 'release cable', should be right near, or maybe fell behind the valve?
Thank you! I’ll check it out in a few minutes. I didn’t see that part in the OM but I’ll re-read that too.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:07 PM

That worked. Put the top up it latched but I could not get the rear windows up. So I went to put top down again and it is in the same open position (1). So I used the wrench to open the valve but the top is really tighter than it was the first time to manually move. I’m afraid of damaging something pushing to hard on it. I was able to it to closed position myself once I had the tonneau cover released.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:23 PM

I guess it just took time for the pressure to bleed off as I was able to do the OM pice of storing.

Now or I get a signal ‘ top not latched’ and rear windows won’t go up. What the hay...

Old 05-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

If you are really stuck with top convertible top problems there are two avenues you can take. First, in the search box at the top right corner of this page type in Convertible top issues or some other phrase and check the threads that come up.

Second get in touch with the jaguarwrangler.com. He is all knowing when it comes to convertible top mechanisms and the inventor of the remote top controller. Steve is a member of this forum and a great guy and is very helpful. I would tell you to pm him, but at the moment I can't remember his Forum handle. Good luck!

PS when you get the problem solved, buy his remote top controller with the rear window option. You will really value it.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphwg
Second get in touch with the jaguarwrangler.com. He is all knowing when it comes to convertible top mechanisms and the inventor of the remote top controller. Steve is a member of this forum and a great guy and is very helpful. I would tell you to pm him, but at the moment I can't remember his Forum handle.
'WhiteXKR' is Steve's handle.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ralphwg
If you are really stuck with top convertible top problems there are two avenues you can take. First, in the search box at the top right corner of this page type in Convertible top issues or some other phrase and check the threads that come up.

Second get in touch with the jaguarwrangler.com. He is all knowing when it comes to convertible top mechanisms and the inventor of the remote top controller. Steve is a member of this forum and a great guy and is very helpful. I would tell you to pm him, but at the moment I can't remember his Forum handle. Good luck!

PS when you get the problem solved, buy his remote top controller with the rear window option. You will really value it.
'WhiteXKR' is Steve's handle.
Thank you!