XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Final Fifty Convertible FS

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Final Fifty Convertible FS

I have seen about six Final Fifty coupes come up on the used car market, but this is the first time I have seen a FF 'vert for sale...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&modelCode1=XK

The following users liked this post:
Schmitty63 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Wish I had $70k sitting around...

Old 03-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 560 Likes on 314 Posts

I drove it.

If you've read any of my posts about my (awesome) warranty, this is the place that gets it done. They're pricey (a Jag dealer in LA??? You don't say...) but I can attest that their service department knows what it's doing.

Anyway, I've always told them that if a sweet '14 or '15 XKR vert came in, call me. And here it is.

It's GORGEOUS, but... I just can't get past the two-tone, white-on black thing. (And no cooled seats).

And, yeah, pricey. (But super-low miles). I'm sure it will sell.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Also, other than a little cachet among Jag owners, was there anything special about the final fifty? Those diamond-stitched seats were an option when you ordered the Dynamic Pack, right?
Oh, and... I find that suede steering wheel to be suuuuuper creepy.

Last edited by pk4144; 03-14-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

A few notes from the Final Fifty Press Pack:

The are supposedly all Ultimate Black and the convertible had a black top.

The louvers on the hood are from the XKR-S GT.

There is a special badge on the centre console.

The door sills have a special inscriptions.

As noted, they all have the Dynamic and Performance packs.
The Performance Pack contributes Performance seats in Diamond Sewn stitch pattern, Performance Active Exhaust and a Jet Suedecloth steering wheel. The Diamond Sew stitch pattern on the front seat backrests and head restraints and on the rear-seat backrests is rendered in Ivory white stich over Ivory
white soft grain leather.

pk4144 (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 01:03 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I was in to see this car yesterday. It is not a clean car. The interior is extremely dirty and looks abused. It is ivory, but looks beige and the white stitching is very dark. It also has a modified exhaust and can't be certified. Imo it is way over priced. I offered them $55K for a car that looks like it has over 40K miles on it. I was very disappointed to see the car in this condition with low mileage. They also replaced the tires and tell me they had cracks. I'm very concerned the mileage indicated is extremely hard miles or may not be true.

Last edited by DGL; 03-14-2018 at 01:05 AM.
sparky fuze (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
I was in to see this car yesterday. It is not a clean car. The interior is extremely dirty and looks abused. It is ivory, but looks beige and the white stitching is very dark. It also has a modified exhaust and can't be certified. Imo it is way over priced. I offered them $55K for a car that looks like it has over 40K miles on it. I was very disappointed to see the car in this condition with low mileage. They also replaced the tires and tell me they had cracks. I'm very concerned the mileage indicated is extremely hard miles or may not be true.

Interesting. I liked it more than you do. I am dropping my own car off there tomorrow and will ask about the modified exhaust - I wondered why they hadn't certified it.
But I'm not clear how you'd odometer-fraud a car like this.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pk4144
Interesting. I liked it more than you do. I am dropping my own car off there tomorrow and will ask about the modified exhaust - I wondered why they hadn't certified it.
But I'm not clear how you'd odometer-fraud a car like this.
A guy can intercept the signal with his cell phone 100 metres away as you key in your PIN for your bank card while simultaneously replicating the code of your chip and/or magnetic strip.
I think odometer-fraud on a 3 year old car is a cake walk for today's security breaching technology.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

The Dynamic Pack lowers the car 1cm and upgrades the front uprights & steering geometry, and makes the suspension 30% stiffer. It also includes the Speed Pack, so you get the bodykit and increase in speed limiter to 174 MPH.

The car should come with the Performance Active Exhaust (with a centre crossover replacing the centre mufflers) - that was an option on 2011+ XKRs and was standard on the R-S. If the dealer is saying that's "not standard", they're talking bollocks. However, someone may have put an aftermarket replacement on it.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Versatile2
I think odometer-fraud on a 3 year old car is a cake walk for today's security breaching technology.
It might be, if it was worth doing, but the reward isn't worth the effort. Hacking payment/cash systems is worthwhile because there are thousands of them and if you can crack one, you have a lot of targets you can access personally.

The car's system is proprietary, so it takes a lot of time & work to figure it out. I'm not sure that even the Jag diagnostic tool (SDD) can zero/modify the odometer. And even if you could, there aren't too many people who you could sell it to, so it's not really going to be a big earner. Then there's the Carfax records or DMV records - they would highlight a sudden change in odo reading.

Simpler explanation: the previous owner didn't care about the car and didn't take care of it. There are some people out there who consider cars to be a disposable item. Of course, that may also mean it's been thrashed as well as neglected.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I hear what you're saying about seeing the car up close and being disappointed in its condition. Photos can be deceiving. I know this from first hand experience having bought a car based on a car dealer's website posting. Thanks for the reminder. If I can't get my hands on a car then I ain't buying it.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

FYI, for those interested: they put it up on the rack for me. I drove it. It definitely has a lower, more drone-y note. And yeah that's why they can't certify it. Their cost to replace and return to spec is about $7k. I know there are exhaust experts here, anyone care to offer specific advice?

sparky fuze (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 07:52 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Yellow Bilstein B6 shocks! So it still has the XKR-S / Dynamic pack suspension on it at least.

It looks like they have just removed the rear muffler, the centre section looks original for an XK.

No way in hell it will cost $7k to re-fit a stock rear muffler LOL, here's one for $550 https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-XK-M...M/232692771843

pk4144 (03-15-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 07:56 PM

FYI, for those interested: they put it up on the rack for me. I drove it. It definitely has a lower, more drone-y note. And yeah that's why they can't certify it. Their cost to replace and return to spec is about $7k. I know there are exhaust experts here, anyone care to offer specific advice?
My only advice is, once you have set a fair price on it in your mind, deduct another $7K from that number to put in the stock exhaust so it can be certified.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cambo
Yellow Bilstein B6 shocks! So it still has the XKR-S / Dynamic pack suspension on it at least.

It looks like they have just removed the rear muffler, the centre section looks original for an XK.

No way in hell it will cost $7k to re-fit a stock rear muffler LOL, here's one for $550 https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-XK-M...M/232692771843
Well for a car in that range from a Jag dealer I'd DEFINITELY want it CPO'd, and they could only do that by rebuilding the entire thing, and they say it's all new from the manifold back. Don't know if that's true. The car has an in-service of May 2015 so if it was CPO'd I'd have three+ years of coverage.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Well for a car in that range from a Jag dealer I'd DEFINITELY want it CPO'd, and they could only do that by rebuilding the entire thing, and they say it's all new from the manifold back. Don't know if that's true. The car has an in-service of May 2015 so if it was CPO'd I'd have three+ years of coverage.
I'm a little surprised that with the FF options package that it came with the STANDARD exhaust system with the resonators. It doesn't look like they did any mods to the front section of the system so to bring it back to stock shouldn't be to big of a problem. Just a rear pipe and the back box along with hooking up the dyn. valves. My bet is the dealer won't CPO the car the way it is and unless they are looking to unload it they won't entertain doing it. The risk to them is there may be other mods done that they won't find until they do the CPO inspection. I would attempt to negotiate the CPO in the deal but not hold my breath.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:38 AM

If they aren't even willing to certify it (due to the exhaust mods), then they certainly will not entertain CPO'ing it.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

The car should have come with the Performance Active Exhaust. From the Jaguar USA press release for the Final Fifty:

The Performance Pack contributes Performance seats in Diamond Sewn stitch pattern, Performance Active Exhaust and a Jet Suedecloth steering wheel.
So, that has to be a cat-back replacement made out of a standard XKR front section and custom rear.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:52 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

That car is going to sit for sale for a long time. Even aggressively priced, they are not fast selling cars. So a modded car, that is wildly overpriced...

Old 03-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Oh I'm sure the car originally came with Performance Active Exhaust.
According to the GM, and I believe him, they can't CPO it as is. Jaguar will only CPO full-stock cars. Reading between the lines here's what I think the deal is: it was a cash purchase from a relative of the original owner, who's deceased (they also picked up a Bentley). I'm guessing it wasn't until they first put it up on a lift that they saw the exhaust-- and are now realizing they probably overpaid for it.

The one thing I'd say to them is that their advert still lists the car as having the performance exhaust. They've got to be straight with any new owner about that.

Quick Reply: Final Fifty Convertible FS