Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tire Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 03:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by 09XFSuper
The Motivo’s are fantastic and extremely well priced.
Like you I share my winnings.
How did you score them for $700?
I also deal with that same tire shop. Started going there cause they built a brand new one, but ended up getting the best and most competent service ever.
Heck they even pointed out a very small flat spot on the wheels. That no one else did before.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:41 AM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Like you I share my winnings.
How did you score them for $700?
I also deal with that same tire shop. Started going there cause they built a brand new one, but ended up getting the best and most competent service ever.
Heck they even pointed out a very small flat spot on the wheels. That no one else did before.
Their ebay store will periodically run sales where they have large coupons if you buy a set of tires, I snagged the set during one of those promotions. I have purchased other tires in the same manner at fantastic overall price from them.

The following 3 users liked this post by 09XFSuper:
KC Cat (05-10-2022), Panthro (02-10-2019), Queen and Country (02-04-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 10:21 AM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 09XFSuper

You are correct! I originally installed stock size Conti’s on the new wheels and the rear tire had a ‘stretched’ look due to the wider wheel. Conti does not offfer the 295 rear so I had to replace all 4 tires. I actually listed the Conti’s for sale on this forums marketplace a while back. They have since been sold. Good eye!

The Motivo’s are fantastic and extremely well priced. I have 10 cars currently and have owned over 70 so have a lot of tire experience.
I currently run the Michelin Pilot Sports and need new tires, have appointment for tomorrow and the only thing they can get by then for me is the Nitto Motivos. How much do you think it will change my ride, noise level, etc? I have a convertible so noise level is important. I am not an aggressive driver most of the time, and commute daily about 20 miles on surface streets.

The MPS' were on it at purchase about 1.5 yrs ago. So I don't know the car with anything else. If I am going to be greatly disappointed I will change my appointment.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsclark
I currently run the Michelin Pilot Sports and need new tires, have appointment for tomorrow and the only thing they can get by then for me is the Nitto Motivos. How much do you think it will change my ride, noise level, etc? I have a convertible so noise level is important. I am not an aggressive driver most of the time, and commute daily about 20 miles on surface streets.

The MPS' were on it at purchase about 1.5 yrs ago. So I don't know the car with anything else. If I am going to be greatly disappointed I will change my appointment.
You are aware that those Michelins have a mileage warranty, regardless of where you purchased them. And anyone will process that warranty for you.
My tire shop was dragging its feet, I went to Discount Tire, really snazzy looking place, they (Michelin) gave me 50% discount on my new tires.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:48 PM
Received 177 Likes on 101 Posts

How are the sidewalls on the pilot 4s?

Im running bridgestone potenza's, the ride quality noticably smoother,
but my cornering feels soft and non-confidence inspiring.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

I've run the Bridgestone S-04s and they were my 'goto tire' for handling and price. Went through 2 sets with no regret. Previously ran Bridgestones RE-11s on my Audi and Lexus, and very little can match their performance. (The Jag would have had them in a heartbeat if it wernt for their high road noise...) I now have the Pilot 4s, and I'm still waiting for them to impress me over my S-04s. They definatly have lower road noise than the Bridgestones, but they dont seem to instill the confidence in the tight corners like the S-04s did (My experiance on the Mich, is still limited, as I installed them at the end of summer last year. I did think about the milage when I bought them, as that seems to be one of Michelins strong points.

2cents

Old 07-30-2019, 09:44 AM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Just an update, I did get the Nitto Motiva's on Saturday. I am pretty happy with them, though I am by no means a tire snob. With top down I don't notice an increase in the road noise and I have given them some hard stops and quick take off's with no issues. Again, I am not a terribly aggressive driver so for those normal daily commuters, they work well.

As far as the Michelin's I am sure I probably have my mileage out of them. I don't know how many miles they had on them when I purchased the car. They were good, but not new and I have easily put 15-20k on them myself.

The following users liked this post:
KC Cat (05-10-2022)
Old 07-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

I am also looking to replace my tires. I currently have Dunlap SP Sport Maxx tires on 20" Senta wheels. The tires are about 6 years old. I find these tires to be a bit harsh. I am a reasonable aggressive driver, but Road Noise and Comfort are really of primary importance. I also live in Florida year round.

People seem to recommend the Michelin Pilot 4. Is this the right tire? Are there other tires that are a better choice?

Thanks,

Ken