XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

What do you guys think about this XKR on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 03-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Why does it have a Texas tag and it's in California? If you like it, that's all that matters. I don't like the wheels, the tint on the tail lights and the boom box thing in the hatch area. But that's just me.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I prefer the stock wheels myself but I hav seen worse when it come to aftermarket wheels. The tint and tail lights don't look bad but the speaker box in the hatch should be left at the curb for the trash collection. Not only is it sooo played out but it doesn't even belong in a high-end car!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

Not liking that at all......... not much else to say

Old 03-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For me it's all about what the cars value will be when/if you want to resell. I don't care what anyone says it's a white car so value will be less simply because they're less desireable. It's been wrecked, that alone is the kiss of death in terms of resale. The car looks clean so if the above aren't sticking points then check on warranty. I may have missed it but I didn't see it. In any case I wouldn't guess I'd know. My advice would be be patient and just keep looking unless you're just in love this particular car. I spent months looking as have many others here.

Good Luck

Old 03-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you get to keep the way cool license plate?

Although I've seen some high-end cars done well with aftermarket mods, personally, I would want to make very few changes on a car like this...maybe an exhaust modification. Like a Vantage or Maserati GT... why mess with near perfection? But that is just me.

Anyway, I would vote "no". The wheels, the accident report, the lame speaker, and that vanity tag...I would just be suspect of what that poor Jag might have been through. It just gives off bad karma...

Old 03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know about white being less desirable. In the Jag Xk, I think it looks particularly good. But thats my opinion. Now, on it being wrecked; hell man accidents happen, as long as there is not frame/unibody damage or salvage title you should be alright. Now a days, dealership body shops can get wrecked cars nearly 100% back in2 gear & heck you could use it in your favor to negotiate a darn good price. (could of been just a small fender bender)Now this particular Jag is a bit over the top, the rims/tint/ & especially the boom box are a bit ghetto, for lack of better words but if u dig it man, then make this guy an offer. Im sure u could resell some of the accessories u dont like & make a few bucks back. good luck with your search & keep us posted on your finds.
-DG

Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

I've got two accident reports on my XKR, All in the same year on the front bumper both scratches, $1200.00 a piece to R & R and paint the front bumper. one on each side. I took photos and documented both. So If its cosmetic don't worry about it.
Doug
2001 XKR Silverstone

Old 03-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dag82
I don't know about white being less desirable. In the Jag Xk, I think it looks particularly good. But thats my opinion. Now, on it being wrecked; hell man accidents happen, as long as there is not frame/unibody damage or salvage title you should be alright. Now a days, dealership body shops can get wrecked cars nearly 100% back in2 gear & heck you could use it in your favor to negotiate a darn good price. (could of been just a small fender bender)Now this particular Jag is a bit over the top, the rims/tint/ & especially the boom box are a bit ghetto, for lack of better words but if u dig it man, then make this guy an offer. Im sure u could resell some of the accessories u dont like & make a few bucks back. good luck with your search & keep us posted on your finds.
-DG
I like the wheels, just wish they were 20s instead of 22s. Seems like the ride will be a bit rough because of that. As a native Floridian I can assure you your feelings on tint would change after you begin to get cracks in your leather after only 2 years provided the car is not housed in a garage. Even though I live in Washington I can't give up that habit.

As a staunch audiophile the subs would only bother me if he/she didn't bother to change the rest of the audio components, upgrade the battery and maybe add a capacitor. Decent subs aren't gonna do much good if they are paired with **** Alpine OEM standard mids and highs

Old 03-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

A staunch audiophile would recognize that excess bass does not lead to balanced sound! Out with the box, belongs in an Escalade!
22's on an XKR also tell you the former owner was clueless about vehicle dynamics so god knows what other BS ghetto mods were done. I'd stay away unless you like that stuff. I typically laugh at those vehicles because it basically states your IQ is quite minimal!

Last edited by ddsski; 03-22-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts
Default I think that it is a pretty decent looking car...

...after all, let's remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They make different colors and options because people like a variety.

I would not hesitate considering this car if the price was right. Yes, there are some things I personally would question; the big speakers, why change the intake mesh and, particularly the decision to install 22" tires. I suspect that a frequently driven car with such wheel/tire combo would be looking at a very frequent wheel replacement, not to mention the degraded ride quality.

Again, if the price was right, you could swap things back and forth, as you like.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure that fits a Quaker's image or lifestyle. A little conservative, more Amishish.

This one screams Society Of Friends.