XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alert: Help Needed contacting Christopher's Foreign Auto Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 04:01 PM
Received 115 Likes on 58 Posts
Angry Alert: Help Needed contacting Christopher's Foreign Auto Parts

Does anyone have the contact information for Christopher's Foreign Auto Parts? After much recommendation of their kits, his Ebay store, website, and phone number listed in packaging contents all come up zilch.

What I'm about to say may send absolute horror down anyone who has taken the time to use one of his kits.

Long story short, an oil change today has turned into a nightmare I thought I wouldn't see on my 2001 XK8. Pulled the drain, and always watch for anything odd, sparklies, etc., when I noticed a big piece of plastic stopping a lot of the flow of the oil drain.

Spent about 20 mins pulling the drain pan and I see this (the ends of BOTH of the curved long guides) in the oil pan. They weren't from the old ones as I still have them, and they are not curved/different at the end anyway.

If anyone knows Christopher, how to contact him, or whatever I would be very appreciative. I now have a car with a loose tensioner blade/guide so its not operable, and to add insult to injury I have another $800 in parts I don't trust to use now!!!! !@#%!!@#!

Edit: I have only driven 4-5k miles, and I put the kit in Mar 1 of 2020 to give reference. If an admin wants to contact me, PM me and I can give you my cell. Just learned that Chris passed away. My condolences to the family.

Last edited by srpope80; 04-29-2024 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,050 Likes on 844 Posts

his kits were reboxed ebay specials lol

Old 04-28-2024, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by xalty
his kits were reboxed ebay specials lol
Thanks for the help. First anyone said as much vs tons of posts recommending. 🙄

Old 04-28-2024, 08:13 PM
Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by srpope80
Does anyone have the contact information for Christopher's Foreign Auto Parts? After much recommendation of their kits, his Ebay store, website, and phone number listed in packaging contents all come up zilch.

What I'm about to say may send absolute horror down anyone who has taken the time to use one of his kits.

Long story short, an oil change today has turned into a nightmare I thought I wouldn't see on my 2001 XK8. Pulled the drain, and always watch for anything odd, sparklies, etc., when I noticed a big piece of plastic stopping a lot of the flow of the oil drain.

Spent about 20 mins pulling the drain pan and I see this (the ends of BOTH of the cured long tensioners) in the oil pan. They weren't from the old ones as I still have them, and they are not curved/different at the end anyway.

I don't know whether to be happy or absolutely pissed as I had bought two more kits from Christopher to do my Silverstone and my Uncle's pristine XK8.

If anyone knows Christopher, how to contact him, or whatever I would be very appreciative. I now have a car with a loose tensioner blade/guide so its not operable, and to add insult to injury I have another $800 in parts I don't trust to use now!!!! !@#%!!@#!

Edit: I have only driven 4-5k miles, and I put the kit in Mar 1 of 2020 to give reference. If an admin wants to contact me, PM me and I can give you my cell.
FWIW, the domain looks like it was renewed in March. The last Wayback Machine snapshot was March 20. Since then, the site has been hacked and is essentially down. His eBay store is empty.

It looks like they pulled the plug on the business and abandoned it, especially if the phone number no longer works. I'm going to venture a guess that you're SOL and need to do the work again. Sorry.

Old 04-29-2024, 08:05 AM
Received 4,200 Likes on 3,661 Posts

The owner passed away toward the end of March

https://www.tributearchive.com/obitu...r-john-roberts

The following users liked this post:
Y2KJag (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sklimii
The owner passed away toward the end of March

https://www.tributearchive.com/obitu...r-john-roberts
Condolences to the family.

Thanks for the confirmation @sklimii , I guess I'm opening the timing cover again. After further inspection I found other pieces of the guide debris in the pickup screen as well. Anyone that used this kit might want to drop their oil pan on the next oil change or simply look for any pieces near the drain plug hole.

Old 04-29-2024, 09:46 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Oh dear...

Sorry to hear about Christopher's demise.

I also used that parts kit based on recommendations, guess I'll plan for another replacement in the very near future

Old 04-29-2024, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hell-Cat
Oh dear...

Sorry to hear about Christopher's demise.

I also used that parts kit based on recommendations, guess I'll plan for another replacement in the very near future
I would just check it out, maybe use it as an excuse to drop the oil pan and replace the gasket if you haven't yet.

*Sigh*, I'll be doing teardown and will post my findings/pictures/video here when I do after I make an expensive trip to the Jaguar dealer.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:20 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Please do, I and doubtlessly others will be very interested to see your findings.

I'd already dropped the oil pan to clean out debris and no doubt I'll be doing it again. At least we all know the parts needed and have had some practice on this job.