XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Quicksilver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Anyone have Quicksilver?

I was debating on which exhaust to buy. Currently, I have an xpipe and straight pipe on my car and it's LOUD​ (along with a bit of rasp). I love it sounding unique, but I'm moving on because of the drone and power.

Because of this, I've been looking at Quicksilver exhaust systems. There's not really a comparison video of the super sport and the sport, which makes me wonder how they really sound on these 4.0 models.

Does anyone have this system? I'm looking towards the super sport but it seems like the only difference between that and what I have now would be the middle resonator? Since I have an xpipe in place. Is there any drone or rasp?

Night drives

Old 03-20-2017, 07:52 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

My friend has a Quicksilver super sport on his DB9. It's crazy loud. He wishes he went for the quieter sport version.

Not sure how much that applies, but it's a data point.

Best.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by dsd
My friend has a Quicksilver super sport on his DB9. It's crazy loud. He wishes he went for the quieter sport version.

Not sure how much that applies, but it's a data point.

Best.
Sounds like he must hate the drone

Old 03-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts
Thumbs up

LossKing.....I have the Quicksilver's with the Mufflers on the Rear....Sorry, I'm not sure what they call it but it is really a "goodlooker"! Lots of Chrome plating and full S/S Steel...(Show Car)... I like the way it sounds but I'm not you, so it's still up to you!.....The system is 2 1/4" and I wish it were 2 1/2" but it's not! It had a real pretty Label tacked on the bottom of the front Chrome Silencer but after the first "high-spot" I hit, it was gone....Incidentally, I wish that front Silencer had an X pipe inside but don't think it does! I have XJR Manifolds with little 200 Cell Cats running down at an angle to hook-up with the Quicksilver system.....so it's a little louder than your normal XKR would sound with the stock Cat system. Since I've not found anyone that makes a really good set of Headers for our XKR's, this is the best I could do.......If you know of someone that makes a good set, at a reasonable cost, please let me know!!! The XJR Manifolds exit from the rear thru a Ball-Joint at about a 45 degree-angle and make it real easy to hook-up the down pipe with the little Cats and Oxygen-sensors installed....It's a little louder inside the car because the metal is not as heavy and it's not attached to the frame as is the stock set-up......Mine is a 2006 with the twin exhaust tips and it really looks good back there! Quicksilver also offers single tips for those with the different Rear bumpers......

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by bcprice36
LossKing.....I have the Quicksilver's with the Mufflers on the Rear....Sorry, I'm not sure what they call it but it is really a "goodlooker"! Lots of Chrome plating and full S/S Steel...(Show Car)... I like the way it sounds but I'm not you, so it's still up to you!.....The system is 2 1/4" and I wish it were 2 1/2" but it's not! It had a real pretty Label tacked on the bottom of the front Chrome Silencer but after the first "high-spot" I hit, it was gone....Incidentally, I wish that front Silencer had an X pipe inside but don't think it does! I have XJR Manifolds with little 200 Cell Cats running down at an angle to hook-up with the Quicksilver system.....so it's a little louder than your normal XKR would sound with the stock Cat system. Since I've not found anyone that makes a really good set of Headers for our XKR's, this is the best I could do.......If you know of someone that makes a good set, at a reasonable cost, please let me know!!! The XJR Manifolds exit from the rear thru a Ball-Joint at about a 45 degree-angle and make it real easy to hook-up the down pipe with the little Cats and Oxygen-sensors installed....It's a little louder inside the car because the metal is not as heavy and it's not attached to the frame as is the stock set-up......Mine is a 2006 with the twin exhaust tips and it really looks good back there! Quicksilver also offers single tips for those with the different Rear bumpers......

Billy Clyde in Houston

Thanks Billy! I appreciate the input. Do you have the super sport or just the sport? Is there any drone?

Also about the headers, there's a place I recently came across called badcat Jag upgrades and they have them as well. Check out their Facebook page and their website.
http://badcatjagupgrades.co.uk

Old 03-21-2017, 01:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,063 Likes on 759 Posts

I have driven once a 4.2 XKR with Sport cats and the quicksilver exhaust (think their loudest ones), and that was just unbearable loud inside. The owner did change back to the stock exhaust with the sport cats.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by avos
I have driven once a 4.2 XKR with Sport cats and the quicksilver exhaust (think their loudest ones), and that was just unbearable loud inside. The owner did change back to the stock exhaust with the sport cats.
Interesting...I wonder if it'll be good without the cats. I plan on keeping this car but later on doing a ls3 swap so performance parts aren't really my concern anymore lol. But for now, I'd like a good sounding exhaust.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:10 PM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

just get an Aston
i think if it is too loud inside, it will annoy you eventually. also, my friend with an Audi got pulled over, and got a ticket, had to remove it. $$$$

Old 03-21-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by prettybluefin
just get an Aston
i think if it is too loud inside, it will annoy you eventually. also, my friend with an Audi got pulled over, and got a ticket, had to remove it. $$$$
Only if you spot me a few bucks 😉🤣
Been there done that lol

Old 03-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up

Lossking, I had to go back to Quicksilver's website to determine if I had the Sport or Super-sport system...It's the Sport, as it has Mufflers! The Super-sport does not. It's a little louder than the stock system but it's suppose to be.... Why else would I have bought it? It also breaths much better and that is the main reason for this type of exhaust system to start with.....I'm sure that the XJR Manifolds and 200 Cell Cats, make it a little louder also......I drive it about 25 miles a day and enjoy every minute of it.....Sometimes I take the long way Home, just for the fun of it!

I have visited by email with the Bad-Cat Header Guy and I feel they are a bit over priced at this time.....maybe later... I feel that the XJR Manifolds do a pretty good job as I have Ported them to match the Heads....

Once again, I feel the Quicksilver exhaust is a good system, I just wish they were 2 1/2" for some reason!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 03-21-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Lossking, I had to go back to Quicksilver's website to determine if I had the Sport or Super-sport system...It's the Sport, as it has Mufflers! The Super-sport does not. It's a little louder than the stock system but it's suppose to be.... Why else would I have bought it? It also breaths much better and that is the main reason for this type of exhaust system to start with.....I'm sure that the XJR Manifolds and 200 Cell Cats, make it a little louder also......I drive it about 25 miles a day and enjoy every minute of it.....Sometimes I take the long way Home, just for the fun of it!

I have visited by email with the Bad-Cat Header Guy and I feel they are a bit over priced at this time.....maybe later... I feel that the XJR Manifolds do a pretty good job as I have Ported them to match the Heads....

Once again, I feel the Quicksilver exhaust is a good system, I just wish they were 2 1/2" for some reason!

Billy Clyde in Houston
I've talked with a guy on Instagram who has the Super Sport version. He says there is slight drone but nothing too annoying. Which is good because I want the car to be loud but not to the point where it's unbearable to drive. It's also not raspy which is a major plus. I think I might try for it. I previously had the Mina exhaust, and it was way too quiet for me.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member

I'm sorry but having only that front Double Resonator and no Mufflers wouldn't do it for me! That's just to much noise to put up with.....I like to cruse with the CD Player going but not at full blast.....It would seem to me that the SuperSport system wouldn't allow that! Good Luck with your decision.....I still wish that the Double Resonator was set-up as an X-pipe..

Billy Clyde

Old 03-21-2017, 09:38 PM

Billy, he is 22 years old, his ears can take the loudness!
Lossking, i stopped by the Audi dealership, and verified mine is Quicksilver. probably the Super-sport as there are no mufflers, just pipe...and it's almost too loud for me.

The video clip on my Instagram is going 0 to 60mph on a city street, sliding on gravel.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:49 PM

Billy, he is 22 years old, his ears can take the loudness!
Lossking, i stopped by the Audi dealership, and verified mine is Quicksilver. probably the Super-sport as there are no mufflers, just pipe...and it's almost too loud for me.

The video clip on my Instagram is going 0 to 60mph on a city street, sliding on gravel.
*Cough,cough* 23.....Lol

See! I knew you had it by the tips alone. That video you did sounded great. Didn't sound raspy at all. No drone in the cabin?

Old 03-21-2017, 10:08 PM

i don't know what "drone" is. I will ask my car friend over the weekend. It has a rumble, low, growl, and when I accelerate *cough cough, floor it, it is a much more aggressive roar. It sounds amazing in a tunnel and big parking garage. But it doesn't have that whiney popping sound I hear on lots of modified Mustangs...SOrry, i don't know how else to describe it...haha.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 PM

i don't know what "drone" is. I will ask my car friend over the weekend. It has a rumble, low, growl, and when I accelerate *cough cough, floor it, it is a much more aggressive roar. It sounds amazing in a tunnel and big parking garage. But it doesn't have that whiney popping sound I hear on lots of modified Mustangs...SOrry, i don't know how else to describe it...haha.
Drone is just when it get unbearable to drive. Like at a certain rpm, it's tiring on the ears. Could give you a headache (I know from experience). High frequency/vibrations and whatnot. But I know exactly what you mean because my car is sort of like that lol. It's gotta go

Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 PM

no drone then. there is nothing high pitched, just rumble. when the supercharger kicks in, there is the higher pitch sound from that...but just driving 75mph or less, it sounds more like an old hot rod, but cleaner. if that makes sense...

Old 03-21-2017, 10:44 PM

no drone then. there is nothing high pitched, just rumble. when the supercharger kicks in, there is the higher pitch sound from that...but just driving 75mph or less, it sounds more like an old hot rod, but cleaner. if that makes sense...
Welp, I'm sold. You're a life saver!

Old 07-08-2017, 06:11 AM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Anyone have a sound clip of the Super Sport exhaust ?

Old 07-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Thumbs down Me and Quicksilver Exhuast Systems!

Originally Posted by jagxkrtoofast
Anyone have a sound clip of the Super Sport exhaust ?
LossKing, I'm back!!!! I've had my QuickSilvers for about 2 years and I have Mufflers at the end of the system and once again, I feel they are good for me! They seemed to help when I had them installed and seemed to pick-up a little power and just about the right sound but I also had little 200 Cell Cats installed at the same time....The Cats really make it noisy inside the Cabin and I'm thinking about fixing that.....Outside it all sounds great! I was wondering about the Front dual Muffler, if maybe they had upgraded the system an had an X-Pipe inside, so I emailed the Owner about it and he said, "NO" then he said it would be a good idea but "NO for now!" I also asked if he would send me a new Metal Label the one I had was on the bottom of the dual Muffler, some how it was drug off on a speed bump....and He said "NO" can't even buy it! So, I am now "PO'ed" at Him and Quicksilver.....I mean after all, I spent over a $1,000.00 for the system! You would think he would sell me a new Label to have "tacked on"! What's the deal here?

That's my problem with Quicksilver! I did mention that other people made Systems just like his but he doesn't care!!!!He sells to the Ferrari & Lambo Guys now!

LossKing, you and others continue to ask about "drone"! The Quicksilver's Sport (The ones with the Rear Mufflers) do not drone!....Years ago Barlo used to make a set for the XKR but stopped some time ago......Now if you want to hear "Drone" those things almost drove me crazy! I had a set on my 2000 XKR, the design was the same as the Quicksilver but they were 21/2" pipes, where the Q/S is 21/4" pipes.......If I were you, I would keep the X-pipe and put some Magnaflo's on the rear and go on down the Road.....Happy! with all the money you saved and Happier with the new sound!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Last edited by bcprice36; 07-08-2017 at 03:19 PM.