XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been thinking...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I've been thinking...

I've done 1300 miles since getting this XKR and love it is not nearly as expletive enough. Haven't done any work except install a switch for the arial and hard wiring for the solar battery charger ( thanks to Kevin and Soraya at DesignXKR in the UK).

The styling although not to everyone's taste suits me down to the ground - and love the exhaust sound. I've been finding my mind turning to wheel spacers - just so those 20 inch wheels fill the arches a bit better. Any thoughts anyone? Is it even possible or advisable to go down the spacer route? Just thought I'd sound the forum out and see what the general consensus is.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

nice for the solar battery charger. I 'll be curious to see with the spacer it might be better than lowering indeed.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
nice for the solar battery charger. I 'll be curious to see with the spacer it might be better than lowering indeed.
I'm already lowered 30mm all round but I kind would like to see the wheels a bit further out in the arches - not too extreme and not wider than arches as this would be illegal in UK. just wondered if it would interfere with any systems, sensors etc. or put undue strain on any elements.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RSsteveH
I'm already lowered 30mm all round but I kind would like to see the wheels a bit further out in the arches - not too extreme and not wider than arches as this would be illegal in UK. just wondered if it would interfere with any systems, sensors etc. or put undue strain on any elements.
i see , you probably hooked up with arden too for the lowering. my experience with them in direct has been a 18 months nightmare with 9 geometries done, $2500 spent when the vehicule was under warranty constructor, 2 column of direction all of that for nothing, we could not find the problems at 4 jaguar dealer different, it was cylinblcos related , arden module smatching all the front cylinblocs due to their errors, this in 30 days one year passed and i moved to spain to have the vehicule finally repaired, which i end ed up to sell due to the arden nightmare ( a cat is a cat) arden told me come with the vehicule we repair it you pay for it! with their german accent, lol..i was at 2500 km. Arden sent me the module inside a used dirty plastic bag, with half part of a velcro attached to the plastic module box, it was clear it was used before, we realised the measurements were worngs lower more than 2 inches the xj 2007 facelift (20000 miles) arden , never helped me out, for me personally the experience has been like dealing with terrorist, i am sorry to write this. arden poorly arguing with apaper saying jaguar germany agree not to void warranty when any arden parts are installed but simply it pertains to germany jaguar and in no other country,

It is nice ot hear that these parts could be better handle by another couple. again , i lived a nightmare and just imagining the arden building how big the corporate looks and is expensive and what I have seen from them, I have the nausea. I am sorry. I did not want hurt your thread in anyway and I hope not to break any of your personal feelings and your passion towards this beautiful car.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 03-18-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
i see , you probably hooked up with arden too for the lowering. my experience with them in direct has been a 18 months nightmare with 9 geometries done, $2500 spent when the vehicule was under warranty constructor.
I hear your comments - but this car is well sorted and well known in the UK. No issues either before or after acquisition, up to now. The guy before me spent a fortune getting this car right. Which is why I am asking specifically about spacers not wanting to screw it up merely experimenting. Interesting to read other people's experiences though.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RSsteveH
I hear your comments - but this car is well sorted and well known in the UK. No issues either before or after acquisition, up to now. The guy before me spent a fortune getting this car right. Which is why I am asking specifically about spacers not wanting to screw it up merely experimenting. Interesting to read other people's experiences though.
sure thanks , that xj was my 8 th jag. I am Pierre, they know me in cali from sd to mendocino, and in france too. i am glad for you.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

You "might" get away with 15mm spacers, but anymore and you will tram line like a pig and rub on the arches.

The looks are great, not sure I would be willing to give up on the drive

Old 03-19-2013, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by XKRacer
You "might" get away with 15mm spacers, but anymore and you will tram line like a pig and rub on the arches.

The looks are great, not sure I would be willing to give up on the drive
Thanks XKRacer - That 'might' is a bit worrying! Yeah and with the car 30mm lower as well already it could compound the issue more. Shame that, I was just out picturing the wheels further out in the arches and I think the looks would be wicked. But tram lining and rubbing the arches would just p me off. Definitely wont go ahead with this unless the possible issues can be fixed relatively easily.