XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lower bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lower bushings

Im in N America and I havent found an answer anywhere to bushes for lower front control arm. Looks like there are 3 but can only find 2 Lemfroder replacements.

Anyone know?

Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Received 4,179 Likes on 3,642 Posts

I purchased Powerflex Poly bushings for my front lower control arms. If you want OEM - check our forum sponsors - SNG Barratts, jagbits,or Coventry West as they have them available

Old 07-17-2019, 01:32 PM

You like the Powerflex? hey look good and available in NA thanks

Old 07-17-2019, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,339 Likes on 724 Posts

I offer a second vote for powerflex. I like the bushings I got from them.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:19 PM

IMO - definite improvement over the OEM

Old 07-18-2019, 06:24 AM

just be advised - the Powerflex poly lowers are a bit different design than OEM and are an extremely tight fit

Old 07-18-2019, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

If you fit, and grease, the powerflex bushes they should out live the car. Always fitted them to my cars without problems.

At this point usually people pop and say something on the lines of "Terrible hard ride etc" I have found that their old bushes were so worn it feels like a different car. You loose all that 'looseness' if you see what I mean.

Fitting Powerflex was one of the first things I did. click me to read
and click me too

Old 07-19-2019, 09:04 AM

Thanks guys. Im goin with Powerfelx for sure

Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 687 Posts

I get that the "poly woke" folks won't agree but I think poly bushings in an X100 is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

If I were building a track car then yeah poly for sure.

Poly kits for X100s should come with one of these.

The following users liked this post:
DavidYau (07-19-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 04:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rothwell
I get that the "poly woke" folks won't agree but I think poly bushings in an X100 is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

If I were building a track car then yeah poly for sure.

Poly kits for X100s should come with one of these.
I agree they could be a solution to a problem that does not exist................Yet. How many of us have failed our MOT tests (UK Car Worthiness check so substitute what ever its called in the USA etc)

Not only that it firms everything up. Ok you car feels fine to you why do anything? You don't need to but original bushes wear out over time. Its subtle. But it does put stress on all sorts of joints and things. If you actually need to replace bushes why not fit better ones? The factory would not fit them as it would either push up their car prices or profits down.

As for going racing in them Powerflex do a set of racing bushes, black ones?, so they can do that too. I do not work for them. Just know a good product when I find one.

Before fitting or using anything on my car I read reviews, write ups etc. Id say 90% say they are excellent for their cars. But if your just going for improvement in handling? It improves it but not really worth the extra. I fitted mine as a fit and forget solution for future problems. When the garage sticks the crow/pry bar under the suspension etc to test it my Powerflex will still be working strong.

To summeries. Firmer drive. Long term solution, with the proviso again about them being lubricated right and fitted right. Will they last a lifetime of use on our cars? We always have this to fall back on.

"

LIFETIME WARRANTY

Powerflex is proud to offer a Lifetime Warranty on the entire range of products we manufacture.

We have taken this decision because of the confidence that we have in both our products and also in the way that we have handled any warranty issues in the past.

We have never had a time period based warranty policy because we have always treated issues that customers have had as an opportunity to learn.

Where a problem has occurred due to incorrect fitting, we have always asked ourselves if the reason for the error was due to poor fitting instructions.

When we have had a part failure we have tried to understand if the part was being used outside of its design parameters, perhaps on a race car running slick tyres. In cases like this, should we be offering a specific motorsport compound?

Like all manufacturing, we have had the occasional material quality issue and in these cases, we have always replaced parts without question.

So now we have decided to formalise our open and honest policy and boast about it!

We will replace any Powerflex product that any customer in the world is unhappy with for any reason.

The only conditions that we attach to this Warranty are:
  • This Warranty applies to the original purchaser only. Proof of purchase may be required.
  • That in the event of an issue you contact us directly at sales@powerflex.co.uk and give as much information as possible to enable us to help you. This will involve giving us details of the installation and any changes made to the car, photos of failed parts and the installation.
  • Warranty is restricted to the replacement of the supplied goods, but no consequential loss (e.g. carriage charges, garage labour costs, vehicle recovery, car hire, loss of earnings, etc.) from any resulting problems. In the event of failure, we may require the old failed parts returned back to us for inspection after sending replacements.
  • Any parts used for motorsport/competition purposes or part numbers ending ‘BLK’ are excluded from our lifetime warranty.
What we ask in return is that anyone wanting replacement parts contacts us directly and sends us as much information as possible which will help us determine the reason for a problem. "

Cut and pasted from their website.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 731 Posts

[QUOTE=frankc;2101428]If you actually need to replace bushes why not fit better ones? The factory would not fit them as it would either push up their car prices or profits down./quote

I do not have a firm opinion either way on poly although l have always been more than happy with jaguar's ability to walk the tightrope between handling and comfort for many years.
I certainly do not agree however that prices or profit have anything to do with the fitting or not of poly bushes. Poly would be much cheaper and easier to fit, not more expensive.

Last edited by baxtor; 07-20-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:07 PM

FWIW, I did replace upper control arm and sway bar bushings with OEM roughly 2 years into ownership when I replaced my upper shock mount (also OEM). Four years later, the upper shock mounts had pancaked and upper control arm bushings were failing - thus my decision to shift to all poly in hopes that I won't have to replace them again for a GOOD while.

cjd777 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 04:19 AM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up Poly Bushes that are Cheaper than OEM!

[QUOTE=baxtor;2101458]
Originally Posted by frankc
If you actually need to replace bushes why not fit better ones? The factory would not fit them as it would either push up their car prices or profits down./quote

I do not have a firm opinion either way on poly although l have always been more than happy with jaguar's ability to walk the tightrope between handling and comfort for many years.
I certainly do not agree however that prices or profit have anything to do with the fitting or not of poly bushes. Poly would be much cheaper and easier to fit, not more expensive.
Poly Bushes cheaper? Please post details. I am sure many on here would like to buy Poly bushes that are cheaper then OEM ones. Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing the link etc.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 731 Posts

[QUOTE=frankc;2101843]
Originally Posted by baxtor

Poly Bushes cheaper? Please post details. I am sure many on here would like to buy Poly bushes that are cheaper then OEM ones. Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing the link etc.
No links. I did not say you or l could buy Poly cheaper than OEM. The aftermarket cost of poly is in large part based on the cost of OEM and what the market can stand considering the buyer is obviously willing to pay for an alternative.
The cost to a manufacturer would be much less simply due to volume production and the simplified nature of poly bushes, but it won’t happen because it is not what the average car buyer wants and that is what they spend millions of R&D dollars determining.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:45 AM

When I purchased the entire set (front and rear) from PowerFlex, it cost me $575 and current pricing from their website is $665 for complete front/rear. Front only will be $203 - https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/ca...1997-2015-1451

SNG Barratts - has a complete set of Poly fronts only for $433 - https://www.sngbarratt.com/us/#!/Eng...b-49b52854b37a

They also have a front suspension kit for $306 but it doesn't list what is included - https://www.sngbarratt.com/us/#!/Eng...6-faee5041eb6d

IXLLER8 (06-04-2020)