F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any way to sync dual zone climate control like single zone climate control?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default any way to sync dual zone climate control like single zone climate control?

Hello, when I'm driving alone I would like to use dual zone climate control like single zone climate control. For example, when I turn the temp knob for the driver zone, I would like for this action to adjust the temp for the passenger zone as well. Do you know if there's any way to synchronize this in the f-type?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

You sure do ask alot of questions that can easily be addressed by........reading the manual.

Turn your car on and press the "extra features" button on the Nav screen, then
Climate, then press Sync. You will need to make sure the climate fan is on to be able to push the Sync button. I have programmed the climate button to show up on my Main screen so I dont have to press "extra features".

Old 08-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55
You sure do ask alot of questions that can easily be addressed by........reading the manual.
You left out a very important word between the words "the" and "manual"...

Old 08-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts
Thumbs down

When you bought your F-TYPE it should have arrived with an owner's manual, which contains lots of information including the answers to your last few questions. It even has a table of contents and an index.
If your car didn't come with one, here's a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/napd9e...422/US_102.pdf

Also, please take a look at the following post:

<>-<> New members - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read <>-<> A MUST read if you just signed up

Among the forum guidelines are:
* Avoid spam type Posts or abuse of the Private Messaging system is not tolerated.
* Post whoring - posting one post after another several times, without replies is frowned upon and not acceptable.
* Please use the “Search” facility located at the top of each page, you may be surprised to discover that your “Unique” problem has already been addressed countless times. If you find your issue still not resolved, either add to an already existing thread, or start a new one with all of your background research and what you've gained from that investigation, that now leads you to this new, follow up question. Having multiple threads about a single issue is more difficult to piece together in the future, than simply adding onto a similar one.

It's not appropriate to spam this forum with questions that can easily be answered by doing some basic research or reading the user manual.
Please stop doing this immediately.

btw, i really like the term 'post whoring'

Last edited by schraderade; 08-13-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm only posting 2 new threads per calendar day. That's not too bad for a new owner I think.

And doesn't more threads create more advertising revenue for the site owners?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

We're only yanking your chain. I'm as guilty as anyone for not reading the ****ing manual!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:04 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,068 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55
Turn your car on and press the "extra features" button on the Nav screen, then
Climate, then press Sync. You will need to make sure the climate fan is on to be able to push the Sync button. I have programmed the climate button to show up on my Main screen so I dont have to press "extra features".

On the convertible, there's a climate button to the left of the Nav screen (real button, not on-screen). It's marked with an icon.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 AM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
On the convertible, there's a climate button to the left of the Nav screen (real button, not on-screen). It's marked with an icon.

Yes I have that too- my bad... With all we do with touch screen this and touch screen that (my Porsche has the touch too but the Audi's and the Black dont) I forget that there is a more simple approach to things.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
I'm only posting 2 new threads per calendar day. That's not too bad for a new owner I think.

And doesn't more threads create more advertising revenue for the site owners?
Yes, however more threads containing information that appears clearly in the user guide is not particularly helpful.... A user supported discussion forum is not the same as a Jaguar customer service hotline.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Those of you with dual zone, a couple of questions:

1. For what proportion of the time that you use your car do you have a passenger?

2. Given the size of the cabin, is it possible to notice a difference more than a couple of feet from the vents?

It looks like a 'feature' with limited 'benefit'.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-typical
Those of you with dual zone, a couple of questions:
1. For what proportion of the time that you use your car do you have a passenger?
2. Given the size of the cabin, is it possible to notice a difference more than a couple of feet from the vents?
It looks like a 'feature' with limited 'benefit'.
my gf wears a lot of short skirts/dresses and i am not nearly good looking enough to wear shorts, so we often have different climate settings....it seems to work for her (together with the heated seats)...

The following users liked this post:
F-typical (08-13-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
my gf wears a lot of short skirts/dresses and i am not nearly good looking enough to wear shorts, so we often have different climate settings....it seems to work for her (together with the heated seats)...
So that's what I did wrong. As a single male couldn't see the point in dual air in such a small cabin. Still single as a result.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by pembroke
So that's what I did wrong. As a single male couldn't see the point in dual air in such a small cabin. Still single as a result.
I would think that with that gentleman's british racing green there would be no shortage of new zealand women waiting to climb into your shaguar!

Old 08-16-2014, 06:17 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
I would think that with that gentleman's british racing green there would be no shortage of new zealand women waiting to climb into your shaguar!
Well, I'm still waiting! But thanks for the confidence!