F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpowerr
I have aluminum paddles but the + and - are not cut al the way through, machined about 2-3mm below the surface.

Like these a lot more.

Thats bizarre, i've had mine for about 2 years and there cut all the way through.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Timbo
Thats bizarre, i've had mine for about 2 years and there cut all the way through.
It may be different for British cars. Are you the first owner? If you bought it used, the previous owner might have upgraded them.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
You can buy these at any dealership. They've been around for a few years as an accessory. They cost $600.00.

I would suspect yours are only the standard plastic paddles that comes stock on some variants.
Dude, I know you're a smart guy, and post sensible stuff most of the time, and there there is useless **** like this? So you think it's a special skill to tell the difference between aluminum and plastic? Come on man... The only way I can rationalize that asinine response is trying to get your post count up, if that's the case please stop, and it doesn't hurt to be less condescending in life in general.
I have a 16R with every option on the car including carbon ceramics and carbon roof, etc... And although irrelevant I also have a ME degree...
So yes, I'm sure I have the aluminum, and also have good vision and can see that they are not cut through.

Now in response to your other answer that they are an accessory sold at $600, that's useful info, so thanks. That's way too expensive for a set of paddles...

Edit: not trying to be a dick

Last edited by Mpowerr; 04-03-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Not being a dick
Old 04-03-2017, 11:59 AM

If anyone has the the cut through paddles and for some reason upgrades to something else, I'd be interested in buying the set.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Dude, I know you're a smart guy, and post sensible stuff most of the time, and there there is useless **** like this? So you think it's a special skill to tell the difference between aluminum and plastic? Come on man... The only way I can rationalize that asinine response is trying to get your post count up, if that's the case please stop, and it doesn't hurt to be less condescending in life in general.
I have a 16R with every option on the car including carbon ceramics and carbon roof, etc... And although irrelevant I also have a ME degree...
So yes, I'm sure I have the aluminum, and also have good vision and can see that they are not cut through.

Now in response to your other answer that they are an accessory sold at $600, that's useful info, so thanks. That's way too expensive for a set of paddles...
Whoa killer. I have a 16 R as well, and mine are the metalized hollow plastic ones, similar to ones BMW makes. The paddles on my X5 are very similar. The aluminum ones with the punched through + and - are solid aluminum. They only came stock on the SVR until recently when they added them to the 400 Sport.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, at least you tried. A for effort, I say!

Old 04-28-2017, 02:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,127 Likes on 2,305 Posts

I recall a discussion about special yellow paint for the SVR and possibly other F-Types, but I can't find it despite searching.
However I found this on the Oz Jag FB page:
Facebook Post
Facebook Post
It looks like you can order a "bespoke" SVR with pretty much any colour you want, well at least here in Oz!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:52 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Jaguar is trying to do with SVR like other brands have done with their bespoke/individual programs ... basically they will build you anything you want with enough money.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:42 PM

Does anyone have the part number for the aluminum paddles with the + and - fully cut through?

Old 05-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Does anyone have the part number for the aluminum paddles with the + and - fully cut through?
These are roughly $600, and come in silver or red. Got this info straight from Jaguar's website. Both are on eBay if you search:

Silver: T2R6547MMU

Red (Land Rover): T2R6547CAY

I found these to be too short and made my own, which ended up costing way more lol

Old 05-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I like the round form as in the Jag there are so many rounded lines. Why loosing time in courts, they could just fire the designer of that particular detail...

Old 05-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
Jaguar is trying to do with SVR like other brands have done with their bespoke/individual programs ... basically they will build you anything you want with enough money.
The businesses that get it is about hospitality, service, and personalization coupled with "pay to play" access to luxury are going to do incredibly well, with this coming age of ultra wealth never feeling recessions, etc. It's a smart move, albeit wildly niche. Good money tho.

I was thinking about this.... I didn't personalize my car to stand out, it's just I drove a BRG Wrangler with Tan Top for 20 years, and that's what I wanted (and felt most appropriate for the e-type successor).

Is there a way I could search a database of how many British Racing Green Tan Top vert F-Types exist on the planet? Super curious now.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
The businesses that get it is about hospitality, service, and personalization coupled with "pay to play" access to luxury are going to do incredibly well, with this coming age of ultra wealth never feeling recessions, etc. It's a smart move, albeit wildly niche. Good money tho.

I was thinking about this.... I didn't personalize my car to stand out, it's just I drove a BRG Wrangler with Tan Top for 20 years, and that's what I wanted (and felt most appropriate for the e-type successor).

Is there a way I could search a database of how many British Racing Green Tan Top vert F-Types exist on the planet? Super curious now.
I think you will find that most of the classic color combo (BRG/Tan) F-Types have a manual transmission and the drivers are all old farts.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:10 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default The noise!

https://youtu.be/KQLlS7bDkI0 totally loving my svr, here is a little exhaust noise ****

Old 05-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

For information:

Alloy accessory paddle sold by Jaguar. Note symbol cut all the way through and brushed finish.

Standard paddle fitted to V8. Note indented symbol.

Comparison. The alloy paddle is longer and thinner.

HTH.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-typical
HTH.
Thanks for having my back, Jack

Old 05-28-2017, 08:43 PM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

HTH is this a worthwhile upgrade

Can you feel the difference bw stock plastic and the alu in your hands?

I'll admit, i assumed the stock silver paddles were alu in their feel - my evo x and m3 has alu paddles and i really can't tell the difference - my s3/rs3 though you could really fell they were plastic

$450 here
https://www.genuinenewparts.com/oem-...lZQGgLZTfD_BwE

Last edited by domino_z; 05-28-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
Unfortunately, they will not build you a MT SVR.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
Unfortunately, they will not build you a MT SVR.
Has anyone tried? I have an appointment with my dealer's GM to find out. Lots of other specs I would add as well.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Has anyone tried? I have an appointment with my dealer's GM to find out. Lots of other specs I would add as well.
The unfortunate reality is that it would cost millions to do this for you. Issues with this:

- The 6 speed ZF box currently sourced isn't rated to hold the V8 horsepower.
- The automatic transmission is intertwined into many other modules via their software. You'd have to modify/redevelop software for the PCM, ABS, BCM, IPC, Active Diff, etc just to get everything to play nice together and not confuse everything.
- Jaguar would have to re-certify the vehicle via emissions compliance and crash certifications.

There's a reason the manual transmission is a dying breed when so few people buy them. We're lucky we got anything.

The only possible way to do this type of a thing would be to buy an SVR and have it changed over to a manual trans car afterwards to avoid the crash test/emissions issue. You'd still have to deal with the software compatibility (or just live with the associated issued).

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread