S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 s-type cd changer install

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 s-type cd changer install

I have the stock head unit in my car, when i hit the cd button it says no disc.

i find no cd changer in the glove box or trunk.

**I do find some connectors on the left side of my trunk though, 2 large blue connectors and one small white connectors, none of these are connected to anything...

I am assuming these are the hookups for the cd changer

Can i use any new cd changer?

Any other ideas, i hear the I-pod can hook up and read as a cd player with the purchase of a special connector?

Does anyone have detailed information about what to connect and disconnect?

Thanks for any ideas...

Old 03-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is from a post I made in October:

A company in Indiana, called Logjam Electronics distributes an iPod interface that connects to the CD changer connector on the back of the radio (or to the connector in the trunk depending you what configuration you have). The price: $140. I have one and it works great. You just set up a playlist called CD01, CD02, etc. in the iPod, then the factory radio thinks the iPod is a CD changer so you get control of the iPod from using your steering wheel controls. It's awesome!

Unfortunately, their website no longer lists the product due to the limited # of sales, however, you can call them (765-644-1251) to place a special order.

Below is my correspondence with them (start reading at the bottom):

From: Logjam Technical Support [mailto:techsupport@logjamelectronics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:00 PM
Subject: RE: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? Yes, we will still be selling both models at $139.95. Actually the JAG/PC-POD has been replaced by the JAG/PC-POD2, which does not lock out the iPOD completely and gives you some control from both the factory radio and the iPOD, and is designed for Jaguars that do not have the pre-wired CD changer connector in the trunk, with the interface connecting behind the radio. The JAGW/PC-POD2is designed to install in the rear at the pre-wired CD changer connector. For either device to work, you will need to disconnect the factory CD changer if your vehicle is so equipped. Technical Support
Logjam Electronics
techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
www.logjamelectronics.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:41 AM
To: techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
Subject: RE: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? Thanks. If I recall, you have two models, one model if there is a CD changer in the trunk/glove box and another model without a changer. I order JAG/PC-POD which is model without a CD Changer so I assume the PC-POD2 is when you have a changer. Is this correct? So are you still selling both models? Is the price still $139.95 plus shipping?

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:05 AM
Subject: RE: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? The JAG/PC-POD2 is still available from the manufacturer. We took it off the website because the sales of that device was too low to keep it in stock. It can still be ordered through us as a special order item and drop shipped directly from the manufacturer.
Technical Support
Logjam Electronics
techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
www.logjamelectronics.com

[Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 10:13 PM
To: techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
Subject: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? I recently purchased your iPod interface for my Jaguar S-Type. This works great and I wanted to recommend this to other S-Type owners. So has it been discontinued forever?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Default cd changer options

snooktarpon,

thanks for the reply, i had referenced your post when i was doing some online research...

what i ended up doing was buying:

1. Peripheral I-pod Adapter (from amazon $85, converts i-pod music to be playable and functional through your stock cd player)

2. Peripheral Car Cable Adapter ( $10 from crutchfield, the cable i found on amazon was slightly different and i didnt trust it)

3. I pod Nano - 4th generation ($100 from amazon)

So all together with tax I will have my Ipod functioning through the cd player for approx $215.
(car cant tell the difference between it and a multi disc cd changer). This is still cheaper than any other option i found ( a stock jag cd changer is $250-300, and with a new ALpine or cd receiver in dash would be about the same by the time u get done installing)

This is the way to go, now i just have to figure out where in the relay i can hook up my amp and subwoofer to get this ride really bumpin' if anyone knows that it would be helpful
(basically right now it goes: ipod to adapter to the back of the stock head unit)

thanks and good luck

Old 05-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pre-wired CD Changer hook up in the trunk- Read your post about ipod hook ups and was wondering if you know whether or not my 03 stype has the cd changer hookup pre-wiring? Mine just has the single cd in the dash. I'm considering purchasing a used stock cd changer on ebay and having it installed in the trunk. Went to Car Toys in Portland, Oregon and their first question was " is it pre-wired for the changer?" I said, not sure, but I'll try to find out. The Car Toys tech said if it is, it would not be a difficult thing to hook it up. If not, a much bigger deal. Thanks for your time/effort in a response. Gary

Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 AM

The first thing I did was hook up an after-market 10-CD changer to my 2000 s-type. No problems at all. I mounted the CD changer in the trunk, ran the cable under the pull out rear seat, under carpet to back of stock head unit. Stock head unit has a plug for the CD-changer. No brainer.

PS I've been considering the mod referred above to hookup an ipod instead of cd changer and just might do that as I have 3000+ songs on the ipod versus the 10CDs....

Scott

Old 05-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi I own a Jaguar S Type 2004, not sure if mine is pre-wired for a cd changer, let me know how you get on.
Regards Steve

Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Old 02-22-2015, 03:07 PM

Does a 01 s type have the pre-wiring to hook up a CD player? All I have is a tape player in my dash and was wanting a CD player put in.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Received 7,879 Likes on 4,763 Posts

The wires are all there. They are in the boot for the 2001 MY onward.

bob gauff

Old 02-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

If you can't find the CD wires in the boot - check behind the glove box (could be a late 00 MY build) the 99 and 00 MY's had the CD Changer in the glove box...

If you find your CD Changer wires are behind the glove box you will need to find a glove box liner that supports the CD Changer...

Hope this helps..

Old 02-23-2015, 07:10 AM

Thanks for the help!!