X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drain Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drain Fuel

OK sadly am getting rid of the X (but am getting an S) Anyway foolishly filled up with petrol forgetting that it was going. So being a tight sod any ideas of the best way to drain some of that petrol?

Old 10-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: Drain Fuel

Are you serious ? For a few cents this job is not worth ...Well, I think there are two ways of getting the fuel off. So, the 1st one just removed the fuel filter and wait for the collecting fuel but this will take too much time lol
The 2nd one is pricey but you can get the fuel asap off the car .Just drop the fuel tank ....
I don't remember any other methods lol

Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 AM

a fews cents in america but about $70 is worth over here

Old 10-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a water hose and start suckin

Old 10-29-2007, 10:38 AM

now that was my sons idea. I remember doing that in the past getting fuel for my bike from my parents car. Takes ages to get rid of that taste in your mouth. Anyway think the Jag has a filter or something to stop you doing this as I did try poking a garden hose down the filler neck. Sounds liek no easy way so gonna have to leave it there I guess.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:42 AM

If you can't part with a tank of gas, maybe you should rethink purchasing a Jaguar...

Anyways, if you want to get it out easily, go to the auto store any buy a syphon (sp?) tube. It is basically a thin clear rubber tube that has a hand squeeze pump in the middle to start the suction. You can also use a regular tube and suck on the end, but getting gas in your mouth can't possibly be too much fun.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Most cars have a drain plug on the bottom of the fuel tank, just like the oil pan. I don't know if the X has one but every other car I've owned does.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:38 AM

'If you can't part with a tank of gas, maybe you should rethink purchasing a Jaguar... '

Ah but I geting rid of my Jag..... Oh and buying another. Doh. Anyway half a tank of petrol will keep my bike runing for a couple of weeks.

Maybe when 'gas' costs $10 a gallon you will be as tight as me?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: rivs

'If you can't part with a tank of gas, maybe you should rethink purchasing a Jaguar... '

Ah but I geting rid of my Jag..... Oh and buying another. Doh. Anyway half a tank of petrol will keep my bike runing for a couple of weeks.

Just joking with you - I know that sarcasm can sometimes be missed over the internet. Gas prices are absurd right now, I know! If I fill up my truck from empty, it costs about $80. I know that you guys pay more over there too - although I think your conversion is a bit off... At current rates, that would put our gas at about $6.40 a gallon - about twice what it is now. Also, I believe that petrol yields a much better mile-per-gallon than gas does, so that compensates for it too.

I think the highest our gas prices were at were about $4 a gallon when the prices hit their peak. Man, when I started driving gas was 90 cents a gallon...

Old 10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: sbxt
Gas prices are absurd right now, I know! If I fill up my truck from empty, it costs about $80. I know that you guys pay more over there too - although I think your conversion is a bit off... At current rates, that would put our gas at about $6.40 a gallon - about twice what it is now. Also, I believe that petrol yields a much better mile-per-gallon than gas does, so that compensates for it too.

I think the highest our gas prices were at were about $4 a gallon when the prices hit their peak. Man, when I started driving gas was 90 cents a gallon...
Absurd prices over there....what utter rubbish!
Stop complaining..your petrol prices are CHEAP!!!
It costs me the equivalent of $104 to fill up my X type here in England (at $2=£1).
Youdont know when you've got it good

Old 10-29-2007, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: bojangles

If you can't part with a tank of gas, maybe you should rethink purchasing a Jaguar...

Anyways, if you want to get it out easily, go to the auto store any buy a syphon (sp?) tube. It is basically a thin clear rubber tube that has a hand squeeze pump in the middle to start the suction. You can also use a regular tube and suck on the end, but getting gas in your mouth can't possibly be too much fun.
HILARIOUS>>>>> if you cant spell in english.. maybe you should not be driving an english car yourself hehe....
There is no "S" on the end of the word anyway.
"Anyways" is a common phrase here...

If you want to pick apart grammar:

You didn't capitalize "if," place an apostrophe in "can't," use the correct puntuation after "english," or end your sentence with a period. It kind of places my "anyways" in perspective. hehe....

Old 10-29-2007, 06:38 PM

Another idea... Why not just take a spirited road trip for one last time in your car and burn away the gas? You could say your goodbyes.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

By the way, the word "English", is supposed to be capitalized. However, the last idea sounds like the most fun idea. Burn that damn gas. I would get a clear hose though and place one end in the tank and the other end in a bucket that lies lower that gas tank. Suck on the hose until gas is almost out, and then place the hose in the bucket(THAT SHOULD BE LOWER THAN THE GAS TANK) and since the center of gravity is lower, let mother nature do the rest. Slowly but surely you'll see the gas come out. I would get a couple of 5 gallon buckets though, since the tank is full. I'd leave it with at least 5 gallons. Don't be such a tight ***.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  7.4 KB

ORIGINAL: bojangles
HILARIOUS>>>>> if you cant spell in english.. maybe you should not be driving an english car yourself hehe....
There is no "S" on the end of the word anyway.
Nooooo!!1 Not the spelling / grammar thing again[&:][&:].......Please!![&:]

ORIGINAL - BUCK -Absurd prices over there....what utter rubbish!
Stop complaining..your petrol prices are CHEAP!!!
It costs me the equivalent of $104 to fill up my X type here in England (at $2=£1).

Youdont know when you've got it good
ORIGINAL - RIVS - 'If you can't part with a tank of gas, maybe you should rethink purchasing a Jaguar... '
Sorry guys but Buck and Riv both have a point. I wouldn't be too keen to sell my X on with £60 or around $120 worth of fuel left in the tank either[&:]
Anybody that would must obvioulsy have money to burn!

Jim