XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Black or London Tan interior?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 09:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Black or London Tan interior?

I have finally decided to make an offer on a 2018 XJL. I found three I prefer - Yulong White with London Tan, Fuji White with Black interior, Fuji White with London Tan. I am drawn to London Tan, maybe because it's different from anything I've ever had, but know I can't go wrong with a Black interior - that would be the safe choice. Color is obviously personal and we all have opinions. I would appreciate members opinions of either interior color, especially if you have it and ended up loving or regretting it. I recall reading a comment here somewhere that you either love or hate London Tan, but can't find the thread. If I opt for London Tan, I'll likely go with the metallic paint. Many thanks.

Last edited by ron5668; 02-20-2019 at 09:16 AM. Reason: adding a comment
The following users liked this post:
Bob Di Janni (05-11-2022)
Old 02-20-2019, 09:39 AM
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

i have London Tan and i absolutely love it. My last like, 7 cars have had a black leather interior, its so boring. I hate regular tan leather, but London Tan has that peanut butter/baseball glove color to it that just stands out.

I was worried about possible staining from jeans, but there hasnt been anything really, at least nothing to complain about. I think for a change of pace, and to really make the interior pop when people get in, London Tan all the way.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:40 AM
Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts
Default London Tan

Originally Posted by ron5668
I have finally decided to make an offer on a 2018 XJL. I found three I prefer - Yulong White with London Tan, Fuji White with Black interior, Fuji White with London Tan. I am drawn to London Tan, maybe because it's different from anything I've ever had, but know I can't go wrong with a Black interior - that would be the safe choice. Color is obviously personal and we all have opinions. I would appreciate members opinions of either interior color, especially if you have it and ended up loving or regretting it. I recall reading a comment here somewhere that you either love or hate London Tan, but can't find the thread. If I opt for London Tan, I'll likely go with the metallic paint. Many thanks.
I love the London Tan, but I have the British Racing Green. I would want something different, as everybody has black. Remember, this is a Jag and not some German schnitzelwagon.

ron5668 (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,215 Likes on 1,754 Posts

We need to realize that us guys with London Tan interiors are most likely to be fans of that color.
So yes I like the contrast with other colors but am not a big fan of just London Tan. I really fell for the two color interiors which of course some people hate.

I like the description of London Tan as baseball glove leather. I saw an Audi once that had a reddish-tan leather interior and I thought they called it baseball leather.
I think a distressed leather like what is used on home furnishings might look good too?

I have several pieces of furniture like this both in black and brown. I think it's handsome looking, of course with the distressed look just like distressed wood flooring it's kind of dumb to buy something brand new that's made to look old. BUT is sure does come in handy when you get damages!!
It either does not show or it just adds to the "character" of the item.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:03 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

We started looking for a 2011 XJL with Indigo Blue and London Tan Interior about 6 months ago. I found the car before any pictures of the car had been posted by the dealer in Atlanta. I called about the car to verify the Indigo Blue and London Tan Interior and indeed the car was the one we had been searching for. I even had the salesmen photograph the Mfg statement on the drivers door. We drove to Atlanta with our 2004 XJ8 as trade in and left in 3 hours with the car of our dreams. The car is nothing less than stunning with the color combination. It is very hard to find the London Tan interior color as it is a rare interior choice. I think you would be very smart in choosing this interior. I do not regret the choice of colors at all. I bought the car for my wife, but she felt driving the XF was better suited for her, now I drive the XJL.

ron5668 (02-21-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 05:25 AM
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

London tan all day long!

Old 02-26-2019, 11:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just picked up a '19 XJ Portfolio in Santorini/London Tan/Ebony combo and couldnt be happier.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost got a silver exterior black interior but felt the black was boring. If it was the Dimond pattern the new ones have maybe but it was a 2013. Im glad I went with the London tan, it just looks luxurious every time I open the door.