XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Daimler Super V8 Air suspension,car too low

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Daimler Super V8 Air suspension,car too low

Hi guys,after replace an upper control arm those kick kok noise gone which makes riding so smooth as flying on the carpet.however,parked my car for 3 days then the front air suspension never raise again. Garage told me they got code C1424 Front left damper circuit open and C2302 leveling plausibility error...

They said the air suspension need to replace,they ask me to order 2 front air suspensions and better also order the Wabco pump as well..any one can tell if this is correct move..Thanks

I send the VIN number when order but it does not work in USA..any one could tell me the part number ? Thanks I got some one told me C2C 41339 but happened a lot of other numbers which makes hesitate to order..I live in Hong Kong,right side steeling,I'm afraid to order wrong parts from USA/UK even they can return it.

If any member has source then please let me know.

BTW,grange told me NEVER buy the Arnott as they have experience that the warning light always comes ON !

They asked me to order the compressor pump as well..I have found the model is
WABCO 2W93-3B484-AG..am I correct ?

Thank you very much to your help and advise in advance.

Cheers

Old 11-19-2016, 03:10 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Eric,

You've already posted an Intro (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/hello-all-members-172127/) so I've moved your question from New Member Area - Intro a MUST to X350 forum.

This is the place to post technical questions about your model.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 11-19-2016 at 03:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Eric300hk (11-24-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 03:41 AM
Box
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric300hk
Hi guys,after replace an upper control arm those kick kok noise gone which makes riding so smooth as flying on the carpet.however,parked my car for 3 days then the front air suspension never raise again. Garage told me they got code C1424 Front left damper circuit open and C2302 leveling plausibility error...

They said the air suspension need to replace,they ask me to order 2 front air suspensions and better also order the Wabco pump as well..any one can tell if this is correct move..Thanks

I send the VIN number when order but it does not work in USA..any one could tell me the part number ? Thanks I got some one told me C2C 41339 but happened a lot of other numbers which makes hesitate to order..I live in Hong Kong,right side steeling,I'm afraid to order wrong parts from USA/UK even they can return it.

If any member has source then please let me know.

BTW,grange told me NEVER buy the Arnott as they have experience that the warning light always comes ON !

They asked me to order the compressor pump as well..I have found the model is
WABCO 2W93-3B484-AG..am I correct ?

Thank you very much to your help and advise in advance.

Cheers
Eric, let me suggest that you consider the Bilstein B4 replacement air modules. Bilstein is the company who made the original modules for Jaguar, and are the only ones on the market that retain all eCATS. They have started making them for replacements outside of the dealer network, and are sold by numerous outlets. For the front use 44-069483.

https://www.carid.com/bilstein/b4-se...FUlNfgodz2gFGA

Also note, "Bilstein of America warrants its gas pressure shock absorbers against defects in workmanship and materials for as long as you, the original purchaser, own your car."

Replace the air modules before you replace the compressor and see if that doesn't fix it for you.

Last edited by Box; 11-19-2016 at 03:48 AM.
jackra_1 (12-09-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 05:43 AM
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi Eric.

After three days You went to the garage or codes were taken from the stationary car ? Was the battery diconected ?
If went, then garage maybe have true.

If not, then Jag have (seemingly) rear axle OK, front axle very lowered and after starting the compressor is not running ?
If yes, drive the car slowly cca 1 km. Stop the car. Ignition OFF, lock the car, open car, start and go back. After this the front axle (if everything is alright) will go up.
I spent three days work with this "error" (I wanted buy new dampers, new compresor, etc). But this procedure helped me and I have no errors from diag. Good luck.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 341 Likes on 259 Posts

Or if you can find somebody in your area with an IDS-SDD setup (VCM or Mongoose), clearing all the DTC's including the ASF will allow the compressor to start a new operation cycle

Old 11-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 739 Likes on 622 Posts

Eric

I am not convinced that you need to buy new struts and a compressor.

The DTC C1424 refers to an open circuit in the two little wires that plug into the top of the front

struts. Check that these wires are plugged in and for any damge or a bad connection.

It could also refer to the Cats solenoid inside the struts-this is just a coil which can be open

circuit but that is unlikely IMO.

The compressor code may only need a new piston ring which is a cheap and easy job.

As has allready beeen said, driving it may sort it out.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:17 AM
Default Daimler Super V8 Air suspension,car too low

Originally Posted by roman_mg
Hi Eric.

After three days You went to the garage or codes were taken from the stationary car ? Was the battery diconected ?
If went, then garage maybe have true.

If not, then Jag have (seemingly) rear axle OK, front axle very lowered and after starting the compressor is not running ?
If yes, drive the car slowly cca 1 km. Stop the car. Ignition OFF, lock the car, open car, start and go back. After this the front axle (if everything is alright) will go up.
I spent three days work with this "error" (I wanted buy new dampers, new compresor, etc). But this procedure helped me and I have no errors from diag. Good luck.
I have drove slowly to the garage and let them plug in the tester and the code were show as I mentioned,the repair guy test it without disconnect the battery.

The situation is that,the car is now keep in their garage and he asked me to buy 2 new air struts and best a new pump ( I have asked them why they are not consider to use the repair kit ? they said it is waste of time,better buy a new one,my head down)

This is the first time I deal with this garage as the past repair garbages all failed...I can only tell it is so hard to find a good one who knows Daimler/Jaguar here...if you send back to the agent then they charge more than my car's value.

I have ordered one strut from USA and looking for second one ...

I will ask them to try the connection wire for open circuit.

Thanks guys..I will keep posted.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Box
Eric, let me suggest that you consider the Bilstein B4 replacement air modules. Bilstein is the company who made the original modules for Jaguar, and are the only ones on the market that retain all eCATS. They have started making them for replacements outside of the dealer network, and are sold by numerous outlets. For the front use 44-069483.

https://www.carid.com/bilstein/b4-se...FUlNfgodz2gFGA

Also note, "Bilstein of America warrants its gas pressure shock absorbers against defects in workmanship and materials for as long as you, the original purchaser, own your car."

Replace the air modules before you replace the compressor and see if that doesn't fix it for you.
Hello Box,

Do you know which air module that I have to order as I have followed the link but too many model there..Sorry I'm really a dumm without enough knowledge.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:21 AM
Default Daimler Super V8 Air suspension,car too low

Originally Posted by meirion1
Eric

I am not convinced that you need to buy new struts and a compressor.

The DTC C1424 refers to an open circuit in the two little wires that plug into the top of the front

struts. Check that these wires are plugged in and for any damge or a bad connection.

It could also refer to the Cats solenoid inside the struts-this is just a coil which can be open

circuit but that is unlikely IMO.

The compressor code may only need a new piston ring which is a cheap and easy job.

As has allready beeen said, driving it may sort it out.
Do you mean the repair kit BAGPIPINGANDY'S from UK ?

Old 11-24-2016, 03:55 AM
Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

The repair kit is for the compressor so yes that's the one you need

Eric300hk (11-24-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 04:00 AM
Default Daimler Super V8 Air Suspension, Car too low

Originally Posted by clifton94
The repair kit is for the compressor so yes that's the one you need
I will order one from UK since it is not expensive..

Old 12-08-2016, 10:30 PM

hi Guys, I have intension to buy 2 new front air struts from USA as the repair shop guy said the struts has leakage and to ensure that I'm not buying a wrong parts,he give a no. C2C41339.
I have asked several suppliers from Ebay and giving my car chassis no. however all of them saying they can't check the number as USA has different number system. To hurry up and avoid the car sitting in the garage (HK has so small space with those repair workshop) I have no choice but ordering 2 used struts (original) from 2 different sources,both claim they are good.

Workshop exchanged both and after 10KM,the "air suspension fault" comes again and found out the left side drop down...Call to the workshop and The repair guy said,well,this is not a new strut,it could happen !! I heard the pump working all the time and worry it will die soon.
During the used struts on the way here,one supplier confirmed their NEW Bilstein air strut suits to my car and I will order from them.
The repair guy also asking me to order a new pump ? Any one has a source or correct parts number ?
I paid USD500 for fixing with air struts and they are going to charge half when the new struts arrive to fix.

This is a good lesson,I suggest DON'T buy those used air struts !!!

I like the car a lot but it just drive me crazy as spending so much time and money to keep it going.It is also the workshop here are not having enough knowledge on Jag !!
Every one like my car as it is beautiful and asking me to keep it but I'm thinking if I should keep it.Part of the reason that I need t rent a car part for it cost USD300/month.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 341 Likes on 259 Posts

The air compressor for Jaguar X350 is part number C2C27702.
Here is one:
JAGUAR X350 AIR SUSPENSION PUMP C2C27702 BRAND NEW | eBay
But as already said, a cheap and often convenient approach is to refurbish your compressor with the Bagpipingandy kit:
Jaguar XJ6 XJ8 XJR X350 Air Suspension Compressor Pump Seal Repair Kit | eBay

Old 12-10-2016, 06:07 AM
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi Eric.
The last six digits of the VIN is always the same (US, Europe). Info of Your mechanics wasn´t accurate. These six digits are important for orders of parts. Your car have VIN ending in range : G35211>G49700. Original part had number : C2C28533 and was supplied with part C2C41349.
I think also as Paydase, the best way is refurbishing Your compressor with cheap O-rings, and then, if not help, buy new compressor.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Received 12,737 Likes on 6,379 Posts

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with the air suspension.

The C1424 code you had probably just meant that the ECATS electrical connector on the top of the front left air spring/damper was loose or disconnected. The most common causes of the C2302 code are an air leak or a worn piston ring/seal in the air compressor, which prevent the compressor from fully pressurizing the system within the time allotted by the control module.

My first recommendation would be to check for air leaks at the air hose fittings on the tops of the two front air spring/damper units. If I understand the chronology, your air suspension problems began after the upper control arms were replaced. That job requires removal of the air springs/dampers. A common cause of leaks is overtightening of the air hose fittings. My suspicion would be that the mechanic did that when he reinstalled the air springs/dampers. The fittings only need to be a little more than hand tight. See abonano's posts on how to install a new brass fitting and compression ring or "olive."

To test for leaks, first start the car and allow the suspension to fully pressurize. Now turn off the engine, open the hood/bonnet, and spray a little soapy water around the air hose fitting and top seal of both front air springs. Take care not to wet the electrical connector for the ECATS solenoid. Bubbles indicate an air leak. Once you have carefully checked for leaks, remove all the soapy water with a towel.

As paydase and meiron1 have already mentioned, many of us who have had the C2302 code have found that we did not actually need a new compressor. We just needed a new compressor piston ring/seal and Bagpiping Andy's kit solved the problem. The other common wear part in the compressor is the cylinder head, and I believe Andy may also be able to provide a new head if yours has developed a wear ridge. Rebuilding the compressor is a simple job and can easily be done in 2 hours the first time. See the photos in my albums at the link in my signature line. Most owners don't bother replacing the desiccant beads in the air dryer as I did.

Regarding the Arnott coil spring/damper conversion kit, I have installed a few of them on X350s and the owners were very pleased with the results. The Arnott kit now includes an Electronic Bypass Module (EBM) that fools the ECUs so no air suspension warnings appear on the instrument cluster. I believe the EBM will only work if you convert both the rear and front suspensions to the Arnott coil units.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 12-18-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Don B
Hi Eric,

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble with the air suspension.

The C1424 code you had probably just meant that the ECATS electrical connector on the top of the front left air spring/damper was loose or disconnected. The most common causes of the C2302 code are an air leak or a worn piston ring/seal in the air compressor, which prevent the compressor from fully pressurizing the system within the time allotted by the control module.

My first recommendation would be to check for air leaks at the air hose fittings on the tops of the two front air spring/damper units. If I understand the chronology, your air suspension problems began after the upper control arms were replaced. That job requires removal of the air springs/dampers. A common cause of leaks is overtightening of the air hose fittings. My suspicion would be that the mechanic did that when he reinstalled the air springs/dampers. The fittings only need to be a little more than hand tight. See abonano's posts on how to install a new brass fitting and compression ring or "olive."

To test for leaks, first start the car and allow the suspension to fully pressurize. Now turn off the engine, open the hood/bonnet, and spray a little soapy water around the air hose fitting and top seal of both front air springs. Take care not to wet the electrical connector for the ECATS solenoid. Bubbles indicate an air leak. Once you have carefully checked for leaks, remove all the soapy water with a towel.

As paydase and meiron1 have already mentioned, many of us who have had the C2302 code have found that we did not actually need a new compressor. We just needed a new compressor piston ring/seal and Bagpiping Andy's kit solved the problem. The other common wear part in the compressor is the cylinder head, and I believe Andy may also be able to provide a new head if yours has developed a wear ridge. Rebuilding the compressor is a simple job and can easily be done in 2 hours the first time. See the photos in my albums at the link in my signature line. Most owners don't bother replacing the desiccant beads in the air dryer as I did.

Regarding the Arnott coil spring/damper conversion kit, I have installed a few of them on X350s and the owners were very pleased with the results. The Arnott kit now includes an Electronic Bypass Module (EBM) that fools the ECUs no air suspension warnings appear on the instrument cluster. I believe the EBM will only work if you convert both the rear and front suspensions to the Arnott coil units.

Cheers,

Don
Hello Don, Thanks to your valuable information. I'm in nightmare right now.The repair guy have changed 2 OLD struts that I bought. It happens like the car down in the morning (Car too low showed on screen). I start the car,run for 5 mins. (then air suspension fault on screen) stop on the road side,restart the engine,I heard the pump start working together with a vibration. Sometime the car does not raise up but when I keep repeat this action few times the car raise up and car running smoothly..It's like taking a lucky draw. I asked the repair garage guy why they can not test the struts before fixing them,they said they will not making any pump/hose/meter to that and he is blaming me why not buying new struts.
I want to buy NEW struts but have been wait for a week before they confirmed it is the right struts..
In my personal believing,although I have no knowledge with car but in logic it is not a really a hard job to test if the strut is good or bad. I will following your instruction to spray some soapy water to the air hose fitting and top seal of both front air springs see any result.

I do ask them I can order the repair kit to them for the pump but they said they will not do this kind of job...I'm really get crazy and believe to find another repair garage...this is the 5th garage already.

Some how,I really want to give up but the car is just so beautiful...If any Jag lover who like to take good care a Dailmer super V8,let me know.