XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Finished new android stereo install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 01:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finished new android stereo install.

Got it finished, look factory

Old 03-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Not bad! Where did you get the filler panel?

Old 03-26-2019, 03:57 PM
The following users liked this post:
paddyx350 (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 03:01 AM
Received 212 Likes on 138 Posts

Looks Great

Old 03-29-2019, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 281 Posts

Looks very good! Did your original system have the Alpine amp or was it the base stereo?

Old 03-29-2019, 08:26 AM

I believe it was the base model but the sound is great. There was a large two pronged connector on the stock stereo. I'm assuming they were for the microphones. It didnt look like a sub connector.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by griser
I believe it was the base model but the sound is great. There was a large two pronged connector on the stock stereo. I'm assuming they were for the microphones. It didnt look like a sub connector.
That's just the D2B (fiber optic) connector for the CD changer interface. I think the only way to know is if you have the "Alpine" logo on the door speakers and the amp in the trunk. If you wired your speakers to the harness in the dash then it was the base stereo. On Alpine the speakers connect to the amp directly and the line level output is via the optic line.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Head Unit 04 XJ8 w/Alpine

Originally Posted by mhamilton
That's just the D2B (fiber optic) connector for the CD changer interface. I think the only way to know is if you have the "Alpine" logo on the door speakers and the amp in the trunk. If you wired your speakers to the harness in the dash then it was the base stereo. On Alpine the speakers connect to the amp directly and the line level output is via the optic line.
I can not find any good information on how to wire up an aftermarket Head unit in my 04 XJ8 which has the Alpine logo on the door speakers. I would greatly appreciate your help or info. Thank you

Old 04-01-2019, 04:34 PM

If you have the Alpine system then all the speakers are fed from the Alpine amp which is located on the left hand side in the trunk behind the trim panel. The Alpine amp doesn't have any conventional inputs, its connected to the rest of the system using the B2B optical cable.
If you want to feed the existing speakers from your aftermarket unit you'll either have to run your outputs to the trunk and pick up the wiring there or run cables from your aftermarket head unit directly to the speakers around the car.
The wiring diagram for the Apline system is shown in the X350 electrical guide which you can find here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...r-index-50609/

Hope this helps.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by paddyx350
If you have the Alpine system then all the speakers are fed from the Alpine amp which is located on the left hand side in the trunk behind the trim panel. The Alpine amp doesn't have any conventional inputs, its connected to the rest of the system using the B2B optical cable.
If you want to feed the existing speakers from your aftermarket unit you'll either have to run your outputs to the trunk and pick up the wiring there or run cables from your aftermarket head unit directly to the speakers around the car.
The wiring diagram for the Apline system is shown in the X350 electrical guide which you can find here:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...r-index-50609/

Hope this helps.
I cut the speaker harness that went into the amp and pulled the wires all the way to the head unit. But i cant for the life of me figure out the 4 door speakers that say alpine on them. I have every other speaker getting sound though. There must be something simple that I am missing. four one nine seven zero four 3112 is my number im trying to finish this right now so if you would be willing to call me that would be a lifesaveer. Thank you for your help!

Old 04-02-2019, 03:36 AM

I'm in a different part of the world so didn't get this till this morning
I cant think why the door speakers aren't working. Did they work before? There have been problems with the soldering on the wires linking the terminals on the speaker to the voice coil failing which results in no sound.

Unlikely it's happened to all four at the same time though.
All I can advise is to check the wiring diagram and make sure you've got the right ones. If still no sound then take off one of the door cards and wire one of the speakers directly to see if there's a problem with the wiring or the speakers.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by paddyx350
I'm in a different part of the world so didn't get this till this morning
I cant think why the door speakers aren't working. Did they work before? There have been problems with the soldering on the wires linking the terminals on the speaker to the voice coil failing which results in no sound.

Unlikely it's happened to all four at the same time though.
All I can advise is to check the wiring diagram and make sure you've got the right ones. If still no sound then take off one of the door cards and wire one of the speakers directly to see if there's a problem with the wiring or the speakers.
That is what im attempting now. I will let you know my findings

Old 04-03-2019, 04:51 PM

So I still don't know the exact cause of it, but the wiring going to the mid bass speakers in the doors were not working. So now I cut all the wiring and ran wires from the tweeters by the door handles to the new speakers and viola! I'm upset I don't know the reason I had that problem as I spent quite some time with my Fluke trying to identify it. Once again thank you for your knowledge and assistance. You ever need BMW help I'm the BMWhisperer

Old 04-26-2019, 02:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks so much for posting this. I'm going to use that faceplate on an install for my 2005 XJ8.

Question: are the hookups/leads to the stereo speakers the normal kind of wiring? As per what your thread says, I know Jaguar uses a fiberoptic system, but is that just for the CD changer? I assume the hookups for the speakers are *not* fiberoptic?

I have the base (not Alpine) stereo.

Chris

1969 XKE FHC, Signal Red
2005 XJ8 VDP, Sea Frost
1969 MG Midget, Primrose Yellow

Old 04-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Default Wiring

The wiring is normal. A standard wiring kit from Amazon will work. The only connector I couldn't figure out was the microphone connector. Couldn't find an adapter. You'll also need a antenna adaptor.

The following users liked this post:
sayhitobaldy (04-30-2019)