XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

X350 Equipment Please Help!!!

Old 03-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X350 Equipment Please Help!!!

Asking for some more help with what an X350 offers.
I am still rather miffed that there is not a VIN based database where I can punch in the Jag's VIN and get a complete listing all the equipment that came with that exact car. It is easy to do this with Mercedes, so why not Jag?
Meanwhile, I would appreciate any knowledge-share about what equipment comes with the X350. I am looking at a 2004-2007 model only and don't really care if it is LWB or SWB or VP!! I like them ALL. Just looking for the model that fits my color needs and mileage needs (under 80K).
So can anyone share with me what I should be looking for, specifically the audio system is what I am concerned about. I must have a system that will pair with and answer my cell phone and put the audio through ALL of the car's speakers as I am hard of hearing. (what??) And I am a Classical music freak. I like all Organ music, sacred and secular, I listen to John Coltrane and Eric Dolphy ALL DAY LONG and grew up with Jimi----(met him more than once and even set stage for him at Winterland) So I think I understand that there is a premium audio system and a not-premium system, but I do not know how to identify each and the sellers of these cars are incredibly ignorant. And do some of them come with a telephone? I prefer to use my own cell, but it must attach to the car's audio system.
And are there other important options that I don't even know to ask about???
Please help an old fool get out of the fog so that he can more quickly purchase the car of his dreams, an X350!!!

Old 03-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by labans
I am still rather miffed that there is not a VIN based database where I can punch in the Jag's VIN and get a complete listing all the equipment that came with that exact car. It is easy to do this with Mercedes, so why not Jag?
Such sites exist.

https://www.etis.ford.com/ go to the "Vehicle" Tab

Home | TOPIx however you need to register with Topix to be able to look up a VIN

Meanwhile, I would appreciate any knowledge-share about what equipment comes with the X350. I am looking at a 2004-2007 model only and don't really care if it is LWB or SWB or VP!! I like them ALL. Just looking for the model that fits my color needs and mileage needs (under 80K).
OK but based on your next paragraph I strongly suggest you buy a fully-loaded 2007 model; VDP, XJR or SuperV8

So can anyone share with me what I should be looking for, specifically the audio system is what I am concerned about. I must have a system that will pair with and answer my cell phone and put the audio through ALL of the car's speakers as I am hard of hearing. (what??) And I am a Classical music freak. I like all Organ music, sacred and secular, I listen to John Coltrane and Eric Dolphy ALL DAY LONG and grew up with Jimi----(met him more than once and even set stage for him at Winterland) So I think I understand that there is a premium audio system and a not-premium system, but I do not know how to identify each and the sellers of these cars are incredibly ignorant. And do some of them come with a telephone? I prefer to use my own cell, but it must attach to the car's audio system.
In a 2007 model with the "Audiophile" system (easy to spot, Alpine badges on the front door speaker grilles) you will likely find it already with Bluetooth phone, and hopefully the Audio Connectivity Module, which allows connection of USB, AUX, iPod.

And are there other important options that I don't even know to ask about???
Please help an old fool get out of the fog so that he can more quickly purchase the car of his dreams, an X350!!!
LWB VDP or SuperV8 has the best chance of being fully-loaded. XJR too but without all the gadgets in the back seat.

The following users liked this post:
labans (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 11:15 PM

Wow! Thanks for the info.
I must admit that the 50 Euro fee for the VIN info is a bit stiff!
You say buy a fully-loaded model. How would I identify such a beast? I have found a 2007 that shows the Alpine speakers and the navi and the phone button on the steering wheel and so forth. How will I ascertain that any car has the Audio Connectivity Module? Is it something one could look on the car to see if it is included?
Best,
labans

Old 03-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Thanks Cambo - saved me a post

labans (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

Having the phone button on the steering wheel does NOT mean the vehicle has the phone module. When no module is present it just mutes the stereo.

I believe all XJ8s come with that particular button and can be misleading.

labans (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Easiest way to identify if phone is present is to see if the microphone is present between the drivers sun visor and the upper console.

It is possible it is there for jag voice, but more likely there for phone

Thanks
Mag

labans (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by magmedia
Easiest way to identify if phone is present is to see if the microphone is present between the drivers sun visor and the upper console.

It is possible it is there for jag voice, but more likely there for phone

Thanks
Mag
Also if you press the phone button and there's no phone, it'll say, "Phone not fitted" on the screen.
If you have the ACM, you'll see a small box like module in the glove box or the armrest compartment.
Another option, if you want to spend some$$, is to mimic Marque or Evan Trinh's audio setups. There's been plenty written on here about how to upgrade or augment the stock system.
But if you're like me, you'll get a SuperV8 with Bluetooth phone installed, and add a VenBox to gain BT streaming. And complain about how badly outdated the Nav is.

labans (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Agreed! Get the sv8 and most options are available!

I guess I was thinking that one would be 'shopping' by looking at bunches of car photos online; this would be the time to look for presence of microphone to determine if car has phone.

If prospective buyer is at the car, interacting with it is certainly preferred (and more accurate).

Thanks
Mag

labans (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 02:30 PM

Thanks again for the help. BTW, what is an ACM?
labans

Old 03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Received 225 Likes on 144 Posts

Thanks again for the help. BTW, what is an ACM?
labans
Take a browse in the sticky https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...k-links-20085/ there is a lot of usefull information in there including https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...9/#post1161835 and Jaguar Terminology Database
where ACM is explained.