XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

No Tilt, Telescopic, Mirrors, Memory

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default No Tilt, Telescopic, Mirrors, Memory

Puzzling problem. 1996 XJR - just got it and going through issues.

No Tilt/Telescopic - no noise at all from motors - no clicking nothing - either on manual or auto (the switch on steering column)
No Power mirror function at all
No Memory function cannot set or recall settings

I checked the fuse drivers side back seat floor #13 and 15amp (LH side for North Americans) all is okay.

Are there any relays associated with tilt/telescopic ?

ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHERE TO START?

Rest of car is absolutely great. Seats work properly, and just about everything else I can think of operates correctly.

Looking forward to resolving this as this Jag is my keeper, been looking for a long time and this is a good one as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks gang ... Grant ...

Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

There is a little black box on the left side of the steering column when the trim is removed... It's held there by two philips. Replacing that with a working unit will fix your issues.

This happened to me before and I thought it was the switch pack on the drivers door but replacing that control unit fixed all those issues

The following 2 users liked this post by AlbBolivar:
Grant Eisworth (02-09-2015), Kleman (02-23-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 PM

Thanks so much for your suggestion to help solve my problem. I deliberately did not mention that unit - as I was hoping someone would mention it without my input. I was wondering if replacing that module just might do the trick. After all, I see how it's referred to as the "mirror steering column control module". Even the name suggests a possibility that it might be related.

But you never know - I really hope this can solve the issue. Only challenge now is to find a replacement module that is good. I am looking at Ebay for used, but will also start checking for new as well.

Thanks again to AlbBolivar for such a quick (and I'm sure), accurate response. Just love this forum and all who contribute to it.

Sincerely ... Grant ...

Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Check our forum members that provide used parts.

The following users liked this post:
Grant Eisworth (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

95 97 Jaguar XJ6 VDP Mirror Steering Column Computer Module LNA2110BB 0291400 | eBay

Here is one that a personal friend of mine is selling. If you're worried about it not working or not... What I can offer to do is pull my known working unit from one of my cars and ship it out to you and I'll purchase the one on ebay from him. He's only about a 20 minute drive from me. At least this way you know you're getting a working unit and if there's any issues with his unit, it'll be easier for me too return...

Also keep an eye on his ebay... he is constantly purchasing old x300's and parting them out.

The following 2 users liked this post by AlbBolivar:
Grant Eisworth (02-10-2015), Kleman (02-23-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by AlbBolivar
95 97 Jaguar XJ6 VDP Mirror Steering Column Computer Module LNA2110BB 0291400 | eBay

Here is one that a personal friend of mine is selling. If you're worried about it not working or not... What I can offer to do is pull my known working unit from one of my cars and ship it out to you and I'll purchase the one on ebay from him. He's only about a 20 minute drive from me. At least this way you know you're getting a working unit and if there's any issues with his unit, it'll be easier for me too return...

Also keep an eye on his ebay... he is constantly purchasing old x300's and parting them out.
Hi there and thanks to AlbBolivar for the most generous offer to test a unit for me. Wow, what fantastic people on this site.

I just purchased the unit from the place recommended and the seller said that he tested the unit on his personal Jaguar, so that should be enough of a positive response to trust. Thanks to both of you, Valdezgregorio (ebay seller) and AlbBoliver forum Senior Member. Let's continue to support one another and those sellers who are recommended by our fellow Forum Members.

Sincereley, ... Grant ...

The following users liked this post:
Kleman (02-23-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wonder if this could be my issue. Mine is works for a month or so and then stops for a month, then suddenly will start working again, Good knowledge thanks to all this has been. Very useful post

Old 02-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know why my memory settings stopped working? The little red light comes on when I hit the M button, but the memory doesn't set. The steering wheel returns to the park position when shut down and comes back when restarted, but no seat or mirror movement. Thanks!
Grant
2005 XK8

Old 02-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by gyoungwolf
Does anyone know why my memory settings stopped working? The little red light comes on when I hit the M button, but the memory doesn't set. The steering wheel returns to the park position when shut down and comes back when restarted, but no seat or mirror movement. Thanks!
Grant
2005 XK8
See the following. It may address the seat, but your mirror may be something else:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ations-134056/

Old 02-25-2015, 02:12 PM

HI, just an update on my not working tilt/telescopic and no mirror/memory functions.

Got a used "Steering Column Computer Module" and that SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

Also had to replace the actual toggle switch on the steering column itself because all functions came alive EXCEPT the tilt function. When I replaced
the toggle switch with a good one the tilt starting working also.

Can't believe 2 problems like that to show up. But as I said, both problems solved - just wanted to update everyone in case you have absolutely no response from tilt/telescopic, and mirror/memory functions. This just might solve your problem.