XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2011 XK - HOLY SMOKES, what a car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 XK - HOLY SMOKES, what a car!

Well, it's a short story...I took my Black VDP into service last week, it had a bluetooth issue that just killed the audio and bugging the hell out of me as I practically have to re-start the car to reset the audio system. As it was a Jag Certified car, I took it back to Jaguar and I thought to myself "bum"...no VDP but the Jaguar dealer is very good and they always gave us a complimentary rental while the Jags are being fixed - which is reason why we have done 3 Jags through this dealer....so I got a complimentary car - a VIP demo 2011 XK!!!!!!

WTF!!!

Holy smokes...I LUV my 06 VDP but this XK is just DA BOMB!

It's super tight in the control, LOVE the growl of the 5 litre V8 and it's a pocket rocket with style baby!

I've never driven an XK until now and I am beyond impressed. As I said to the wife, this is the best car I have ever driver, can I have it?

No. she replied.

Bummed. C'mon, you married guys know who is the CFO in the house!

Oh well, I will most certainly enjoy the XK until my baby VDP comes back from service. Best thing about it - it's black and had the chromies, exactly like my VDP.

I just can't get over that lovely XK growl sound, especially on startup.

Well done Jaguar! And KUDOS to my dealer for such a beautiful rental, I may seriously have to consider an XK as my next VDP replacement.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Gotcha.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Ah, you have been assimilated and you WILL now have one of these. You may have to sell one or more of your children, but now that you have "been one" with an XK, it is all over my friend.

Resistance is futile.....

Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Come to the dark side......you know you have too...

Old 09-05-2011, 12:48 PM

mate, I certainly would. it's a question of timing.

Another thing that I really like about this XK is the trunk can fit the golf clubs abliet I have to take out the drivers and woods. Again, I was pretty impressed with the spaciousness of the trunk for a coupe. I've seen the Ashtons and Lotus with their no-nothing carry-on-luggage trunks and the XK comes out on top, which is excellent.

You know, you got to carry some important life stuff - like the golf clubs, eskis of beers and shoes

Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

LOL, you must be lucky guy , you might be upset because of your VDP's issues . However, good thing your dealer gave you XK . Kudos to him and also this courtesy vehicle turns out to be a joyful ride for you

Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 PM

I am really stunned they gave me this XK, considering it was initially to "test the bluetooth" but it's like nearly a week today.

Anyway, speaking of comments about the XK...so many people say to me "wow, nice!"

There is no doubt, the only thing better than the XK is the AMs, and my dealer here is AM as well (Let's not even go there, I still have a mortgage to pay for and don't need another one).

My last word is the XK, XKR are far, far the better coupes than the Nissan Z, or the Infiniti. Its just funny, the stares I get from these jap owners in my development.

No comparison there, XK is just DA BOMB and all you lucky XK owners in this forum - enjoy your rides cause I sure am enjoying the JOY of this XK for the moment. It will be a sad day to turn her back in...

Quick question - any owners here with a sun roof for the XK? Is that an option?

Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, it's called a "convertible"

Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 PM

Ha...not that big of a hole!!

Anyway, that's it, they took it back and they didn't even fix my bluetooth (thats another story).

Bottom line - the 2011 XK - sweetest car I have ever driven, all you XK owners, I tip my hat to you. Enjoy your ride guys!

Back to my beloved VDP