XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Backup Camera new option

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Radar
I got this for my wife for Christmas and installed it a couple of days later. I went a full 12 hours charging the frame and everything seemed to work fine. We didn't drive the car for a few days and when we did, I noted the the screen was powered, but didn't come on when I waved my hand at it. I thought it had become unpaired so I accomplished the pairing steps again and it seemed to work. When it failed to wake up the next time, I realized it wasn't a pairing issue because as soon as I unplugged and re-plugged the power cable from the screen, it woke up and was fine.

It seems that once power is completely removed from the cigarette lighter--either by locking the doors or waiting for the convenience mode to go off--the screen no longer responds to efforts to wake it up the next time you get in the car. It has power--the little blue power indicator light is on and the screen itself has a back-lit glow, but no amount of hand waving or button pushing on the top edge wakes it up--not even recycling the power switch. The only thing that has been successful is unplugging and then plugging it back in.

I thought I would see if anyone else is having this problem before I call the company.

Thanks.
I had the same experience and after a firmware update and a replacement unit, still have the same problem. Customer Service has been very helpful and is looking into this further.

I've noticed that on three occasions, if I open and close the hatchback before I unlock the doors, the camera works as advertised. I don't know if that's just coincidence but it's easier just to unplug it.

A friend of mine bought one for his BMW and it works fine. We're going to test the extra unit that I have on his car to see if it works before I return it to Customer Service.

I'll post again, if and when I have more information.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Unlocking a door, either with the handle or Smartkey, wakes up the Type S display that's plugged into my cigarette lighter. I've never had a glitch, but maybe that's because i always use a battery maintainer when parked in my garage.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Winplus Customer Service provide a later version of the product to me and after five days of testing, it seems to be working as advertised.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:37 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 07-19-2023, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where are the 12 volt outputs in a 2007 XK 150

XK 150 spec says there are two 12 volt outputs in the car, where is the second one. One is the cigar lighter but where is the second one.

Old 07-19-2023, 06:41 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

One lighter socket in ashtray. Switched
Ive been using my type s solar cam for 3 years.
Since I garage park in the dark, I charge it about once a month.
If you forget, it will give you a low battery warning in the upper left corner of the screen.
2nd socket in glovebox.dont know if this one is switched.
Bob

Old 07-20-2023, 04:57 AM
Thumbs up Glovebox outlet

Thanks Boga for the reply: I didn't even find a reference for this outlet in the workshop manual but it is buried in the car booklet in "Convenience" but says it's only for "temporary use" like a vacuum cleaner. What the heck does that mean. There's clearly enough power to drive most things. It should be easy to tell if it's switched especially if it's on the glovebox light switch circuit where it goes off if closed. I can check that. I'm using a very good FM transmitter in the cigar lighter already to get my Sirius/XM signal so I would need to get a second source of power for a solar camera. Have you been happy with yours in weather conditions, rain etc. I saw that walmart sell a solar battery system that allows both solar and US charging that works with some camera systems and is supposedly very weather proof.

Old 07-20-2023, 06:55 AM
Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham Gibson
Thanks Boga for the reply: I didn't even find a reference for this outlet in the workshop manual but it is buried in the car booklet in "Convenience" but says it's only for "temporary use" like a vacuum cleaner. What the heck does that mean. There's clearly enough power to drive most things. It should be easy to tell if it's switched especially if it's on the glovebox light switch circuit where it goes off if closed. I can check that. I'm using a very good FM transmitter in the cigar lighter already to get my Sirius/XM signal so I would need to get a second source of power for a solar camera. Have you been happy with yours in weather conditions, rain etc. I saw that walmart sell a solar battery system that allows both solar and US charging that works with some camera systems and is supposedly very weather proof.
In my 2008 XKR, both the cigar lighter and glove box outlets are switched and come on when the Start/Stop switch is selected (the ignition is on, but nothing to do with whether the glove box door is open or closed).
I use the glove box outlet to power the radar detector and BT receiver for the audio system so I think there is sufficient power for a solar camera display. Best I can tell from the drivers manual, the glove box power is on a 10 amp fuse but you can verify that in the electrical guide. Cigar lighter is a 15 amp fuse.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:04 AM
Default All set

Thanks to V7sport for the comments. Seems like you can use the glovebox outlet and I'll check into that. I assume your wire can go through the glovebox door without trapping it?

Old 07-20-2023, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

There's a dead end connector in the boot as well. switched power

See this thread and page through it. You'll see it in great detail.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...nstall-138621/

The following users liked this post:
V7Sport (07-20-2023)