XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Fault Codes

 
  #1  
Old 06-05-2019, 05:32 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 42
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fault Codes

Evening folks

Got 2 weird fault codes appear on my XKR
P0610 and P0630
Car isn't affected, drives fine, starts fine, changes gear fine.

Tried clearing the codes, but they reappeared. I did have the battery off while fitting something, and it was after I are attached the connectors these codes appeared.

Any help would be much appreciated
 
  #2  
Old 06-05-2019, 08:07 PM
jagtoes's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 4,704
Received 1,326 Likes on 996 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pauledddy View Post
Evening folks

Got 2 weird fault codes appear on my XKR
P0610 and P0630
Car isn't affected, drives fine, starts fine, changes gear fine.

Tried clearing the codes, but they reappeared. I did have the battery off while fitting something, and it was after I are attached the connectors these codes appeared.

Any help would be much appreciated
The first question is what were you doing or fixing that you needed to remove the battery cables. Were you doing any electrical work or programming anything. I would be concerned with the P0630 as this one does not recognize the vin number of your car and could potentially prevent your car from starting.
 
  #3  
Old 06-06-2019, 01:26 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 42
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jagtoes View Post
The first question is what were you doing or fixing that you needed to remove the battery cables. Were you doing any electrical work or programming anything. I would be concerned with the P0630 as this one does not recognize the vin number of your car and could potentially prevent your car from starting.
I was adding some exhaust valves so took the battery off to fit the cables. The car starts fine, literally no issues at all
 
  #4  
Old 06-07-2019, 05:17 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 42
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Anyone have any input on these codes?

I've bought an SDD, I know about the constant battery voltage needed as well. So will update further when I have my car back from the paint shop
 
  #5  
Old 06-07-2019, 05:33 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 8,339
Received 3,743 Likes on 2,205 Posts
Default





Someone did, or tried to, re-map the car in the past? Flash a different engine tune to the car?

In any case you will be rolling the dice trying to re-flash the PCM, CJB or RJB with an eBay or British Diagnostics crap SDD.

Personally, if the car starts, runs and drives fine, no errors on the dash, then I'd let sleeping dogs lie...
 
The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-07-2019)
  #6  
Old 06-07-2019, 08:43 AM
GGG's Avatar
GGG
GGG is online now
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Durham, UK
Posts: 108,877
Received 10,241 Likes on 8,421 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
....... if the car starts, runs and drives fine, no errors on the dash, then I'd let sleeping dogs lie...
+1

If I don't have a MIL, an error message or a bad feeling about how the car is running, I leave my SDD alone.

Graham
 
  #7  
Old 06-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 42
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I don't know if it's been mapped in the passed. The EML is illuminated and won't clear. But as stated it drives fine, but the light is bothering me!
How do i go about this issue??
 
  #8  
Old 06-08-2019, 11:43 AM
kj07xk's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Naperville, Illinois USA
Posts: 3,208
Received 797 Likes on 645 Posts
Default

Possible to contact the previous owner, to see if a mapping was done?
 
  #9  
Old 06-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 42
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

So, I've just disconnected the battery for a good 10-20 minutes and the code has disappeared.. haven't driven it yet si not sure if itll come back!
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jaguar0206
X-Type ( X400 )
4
03-03-2019 11:49 AM
SynySTR
XK / XKR ( X150 )
1
10-17-2014 09:33 AM
bassman64
X-Type ( X400 )
5
04-20-2014 04:25 PM
XTypeJagMan
X-Type ( X400 )
6
02-28-2014 08:38 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fault Codes


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: