XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Some help with SDD please

Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts
Default Some help with SDD please

I was attempting to update my touchscreen to give me reverse camera and subsequently gave up. I reinstalled my original VBF files and executed a re-flash of the ICM.

I don't know why or how, but my integrated control panel stopped working.

I checked fuse 21 and 14 which are both good. I then confirmed power to the control panel.

The Touchscreen is showing the leeper image but will not turn on or off.
Flashers work
Blower knob works as does the air recycling.

Audio button does nothing

I've re-flashed the ICM and the ACM to no avail.

I ran an SDD session selecting all of the symptoms I described. No error codes are coming up and no recommendations aside from flashing the two modules, which I did.

I also did a vehicle reset via SDD as well as a hard reset with the battery.

Battery is strong and power supply has been a constant 14.2 volts while operating SDD.

There is no option to reflash the integrated control panel that I can see.

Help please.

Last edited by Sean W; 04-10-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,149 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Ugh. I've been considering getting SDD to activate MY already-installed camera, and now your situation has me rethinking all of it. Maybe I'll just abandon all the stuff I installed and just have a decoration on the boot lid.
Sucks, dude. Hope ya work it out.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

ICM, ACM and Touchscreen diagnostic self tests all failed but no codes thrown?

Old 04-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Ugh. I've been considering getting SDD to activate MY already-installed camera, and now your situation has me rethinking all of it. Maybe I'll just abandon all the stuff I installed and just have a decoration on the boot lid.
Sucks, dude. Hope ya work it out.
Yep it's fairly easy to screw things up with SDD and I've done it before but I can't understand how anything I did caused this to happen.

I think I'll try running IDS and see if I can get some error codes, since SDD has no recommendations.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:35 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
I was attempting to update my touchscreen to give me reverse camera and subsequently gave up. I reinstalled my original VBF files and executed a re-flash of the ICM.

I don't know why or how, but my integrated control panel stopped working.

I checked fuse 21 and 14 which are both good. I then confirmed power to the control panel.

The Touchscreen is showing the leeper image but will not turn on or off.
Flashers work
Blower knob works as does the air recycling.

Audio button does nothing

I've re-flashed the ICM and the ACM to no avail.

I ran an SDD session selecting all of the symptoms I described. No error codes are coming up and no recommendations aside from flashing the two modules, which I did.

Battery is strong and power supply has been a constant 14.2 volts while operating SDD.

There is no option to reflash the integrated control panel that I can see.

Help please.
have you tried disconnecting the battery

Old 04-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Sean W
I also did a vehicle reset via SDD as well as a hard reset with the battery.................
Originally Posted by IanXF
You missed it in his post

Old 04-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 671 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by IanXF

^^^ What he said...

Old 04-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member

TT, yer Toooo Slooowwwwwww
Less than a minute apart

The following users liked this post:
TexasTraveler (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Received 247 Likes on 175 Posts

My car does that from time to time on its own. I always chalked it up to a lower than optimal battery. Usually next time I use the car it goes back to normal.

Holding the button down longer than normal on starting the car *may* help.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by texastraveler
i also did a vehicle reset via sdd as well as a hard reset with the battery.
^^^ what he said...
👍🏻

Old 04-10-2018, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Have you tried reflashing the modules via engineering mode (depending on your SDD)? It really shouldn’t so difficult unless there’s a variable getting missed somewhere...

Old 04-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Received 420 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by 110reef
My car does that from time to time on its own. I always chalked it up to a lower than optimal battery. Usually next time I use the car it goes back to normal.

Holding the button down longer than normal on starting the car *may* help.
Mine does the same. I'm somewhat concerned that the entertainment screen is in the process of failing. I had a deal yesterday evening where I noticed that I'd forgotten to turn on the bluetooth in my phone, and doing so caused the entire screen to restart to the Jaguar logo screen. It restored itself in a few second, but I was "puckering" until it did.

It may mean I'm shopping for a replacement screen and probably an upgrade on the bluetooth receiver. The good news is that screen isn't terribly hard to pull, and everything behind it is plug-n-play, so us natural blonde's stand a better-than-even chance of pulling the swap out successfully.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudHogRider
Mine does the same. I'm somewhat concerned that the entertainment screen is in the process of failing. I had a deal yesterday evening where I noticed that I'd forgotten to turn on the bluetooth in my phone, and doing so caused the entire screen to restart to the Jaguar logo screen. It restored itself in a few second, but I was "puckering" until it did.

It may mean I'm shopping for a replacement screen and probably an upgrade on the bluetooth receiver. The good news is that screen isn't terribly hard to pull, and everything behind it is plug-n-play, so us natural blonde's stand a better-than-even chance of pulling the swap out successfully.
There is some evidence as in a growing number of older units developing faults so it is possible. I have a 2009 screen fitted and if I adjust the brightness higher than 50% the backlight automatically shuts off after 5 seconds and won't turn on again until the car is restarted.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

I was about ready to pop on a $599 mongoose with SDD V1.45 for the SOLE PURPOSE of turning on my stupid-damn park assist camera.
I know of only ONE other guy who would possibly have a need to use SDD, so a share thing probably wouldn't be great. Six hunnerd bucks to turn on a camera???

Old 04-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 671 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I was about ready to pop on a $599 mongoose with SDD V1.45 for the SOLE PURPOSE of turning on my stupid-damn park assist camera.
I know of only ONE other guy who would possibly have a need to use SDD, so a share thing probably wouldn't be great. Six hunnerd bucks to turn on a camera???
Maybe after purchasing you could do a lease program for guys like us...

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stuck screen

When mine does that it indicates low voltage. I didn’t plug my car in for a few days. Topping up the battery works every time for me

Old 04-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

Have you tried this

JTB00149v4

TECHNICAL BULLETIN

20 MAY 2013

© Jaguar Land Rover Limited
All rights reserved.

Information

This reissue replaces all previous versions. Please destroy all previous versions.

This bulletin supersedes TSB JTB00149v3/2011 dated 27 JUL 2011, which should either be destroyed or clearly marked to show it is no longer valid (e.g. with a line across the page). Only refer to the electronic version of this Technical Bulletin in TOPIx.

SECTION:
415-00 - Entertainment System - General Information

Subject/Concern:
High Level Display Front (HLDF) Screen Lock-Up

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Model:Model Year:VIN:XF (X250)2008-2011R00001-S07283XK Range (X150)2007-2011B00001-B43851

MARKETS:
All

CONDITION SUMMARY:

Situation:

A customer or dealer may experience one of the following concerns:
• HLDF screen lock-up with message 'Emergency OS please re-load software' displayed.
• HLDF permanently displaying Jaguar leaper.
• HLDF black or blank screen.
• HVAC fan speed pop up may be stuck on screen.
This Version has been issued to add a new symptom and SDD process.
Cause:

HLDF software corruption caused by one of the following: • The vehicle power supply interrupted or disconnected. • Vehicle power dropped below 12.5 Volts during an SDD software download. • SDD disconnected or shut down during a software download. Suggested Customer Concern Code - A18.

Action:

Configure the front control/display interface module, follow the Service Instruction outlined below.

WARRANTY:
NOTES:
  • Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; those quoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to JLR claims submission system to obtain the latest repair time.
  • The JLR Claims Submission System requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a quantity of zero.
DESCRIPTIONSROTIMECONDITION CODECAUSAL PARTConfigure the front control/display interface module86.99.950.2 hours42C2P 16234NOTE:
The JLR Claims Submission System requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a quantity of zero.

SERVICE INSTRUCTION:

NOTE:
The Key fob should be placed in vehicle for the full duration of software download.
  1. CAUTION:
    This procedure requires SDD DVD134.01 with Calibration pack File 134 loaded or later.

NOTE:
    SDD download time is approximately 2.5 hours or less.

Connect an approved battery support unit / power supply to the vehicle.
  2. Ensure the smart key is located in the vehicle and remains there for the duration of the download.
  3. Connect SDD to the vehicle and begin a new diagnostic session, by entering the correct VIN for the current vehicle.
  4. Follow the SDD prompts to read the vehicle configuration.
    1. Select the Diagnosis Session Type.
    2. Select the Symptoms tab and enter any of the following Symptom (s).
      • Electrical - Climate control system - Air conditioning controls - Touch screen display.
      • 0r
      • Electrical - Information and entertainment system - Touch screen display - Reduced function.
      • or
      • Electrical - Information and entertainment system - Touch screen display - Control function inoperative.
    3. Select the Recommendations tab.
    4. Configure existing module - Front control / display interface module (high level display front).
  5. When all tasks are complete, exit the current session by selecting the Session tab and then selecting the Close Session option.
  6. Disconnect SDD and the battery support unit /power supply.

The following 3 users liked this post by JBzXJ40:
10XKR (04-12-2018), jahummer (04-14-2018), Sean W (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I reset the audio functions in SDD CCF and everything is back to normal.

Earlier this year I retro fitted from base to Premium audio. I shouldn't have messed with the Audio Control Module. By configuring the module two days ago, I reset it to base audio. I don't know why I did, but I did.
It wasn't broke and I shouldn't have fixed it.
Lesson learned.

To be clear, it has nothing to do with a camera install or any directions provided. As I read my original thread, I may have left that impression.

What I did was entirely unrelated to upgrading/ installing the rear view camera, or Premium audio for that matter, so just use my experience as a warning to be careful in SDD.

Thanks to the gentleman who helped me offline.

I wanted to close the thread out.

Last edited by Sean W; 04-12-2018 at 04:13 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Sean W:
10XKR (04-12-2018), jagtoes (04-12-2018), JagV8 (04-13-2018), kj07xk (04-12-2018), u102768 (04-12-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Possibly it went back to something like As Built data. Which would have been the base audio.