S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pats code 22

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 09:40 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kr98664
Yeah, I highly doubt the PCM is bad. I'd be willing to bet your reputation that the PCM is not receiving power. A quick check of the wiring diagrams shows at least three fuses and a relay on the supply side. A failure of any of those would make it appear the PCM is dead and not communicating. I'd highly suggest checking for power to the module, as seen in figure 03.3 here:

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Auto...x2022001en.pdf

At the PCM connector FH1, turn the key to run and check for battery voltage at contacts 32 and 33.
There's power to the PCM Conector FH1, he showed me the same sheet with figure 03.3 and he had a check mark that it had power. but he did it again today to be sure

Old 02-01-2022, 11:05 AM

hey guys, long time without post.

Update: I send the engine computer to be checked by a specialized workshop in other city and they came with the same result, the computer is damaged without posibility of repair.

Talk to my mechanic and end up buying a new (used) computer, finally we got communication with the computer . But happiness never last

Problem #1
My mechanic works direct with the car maker system, he connects his computer online direct to Ford system and as it's supposed to be, Ford no longer supports Jaguar system, neither Jaguar has it for the S Type.

Problem #2
we ended up calling the same locksmith that i was using at the start of the problem last year (the one that took 2 month to check the car, every day saying that he will go), he has a computer with the programe installed that we need to reprogram the computer, but we have almost a month and a half calling him and each day the same "i will go today".

Now i want to know how can i do this along side my mechanic without the locksmith. what do i need? where can i download those programs? can i use a normal computer/laptop for this? what do i need to connect with the car the computer/ laptop? at the end i will like to have them all (pokemon lol) installed somewhere because i know i will need it in a future, and won't like to depend on other (the locksmith) to reprogram, check or do change something on the car.

any light on this will be apreciated

Thanks!!!

Old 02-01-2022, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,496 Likes on 3,911 Posts

Originally Posted by motorcarman
The 684_SG was not on the internet that I could find.
I missed this. It's
here

Old 02-01-2022, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,496 Likes on 3,911 Posts

Originally Posted by e_brugal
Update: I send the engine computer to be checked by a specialized workshop in other city and they came with the same result, the computer is damaged without posibility of repair.

Talk to my mechanic and end up buying a new (used) computer, finally we got communication with the computer

Now i want to know how can i do this along side my mechanic without the locksmith. what do i need?
For your era car, you likely cannot reflash with ANY of the usual programs.

The official way is to start with a blank (called "green") PCM.

That's if it's the PCM you mean. (Ford PCM150)

(Of course blank will likely mean "initialised at the factory with a tool dealers do not have".)

Last edited by JagV8; 02-01-2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 11:08 AM

Hi guys.

As some of you already know, i'm searching for another PCM but this time with cluster, ignition switch cylinder, Door, trunk and glove box key cylinder and key all from same donor car. I have found 1 on ebay matching all the numbers from my original PCM but it cost US$400, lot of money when I make the exchange to Dominican Pesos, US$1 = RD$57), and by law I have to pay 18% import taxes after US$200. Also I lost US$110 with the PCM that I couldn't reprogram. I'm searching for another cheeper option. So I have a few question for you.

1- Does any of you guys know where can i find a cheeper option for a PCM, cluster, ignition switch cylinder, Door, trunk and glove box key cylinder and key?

2- As i'm Changing everything, does it need to have the original PCM numbers or can it be a different one but from the same type of engine, 3.0 V6?

​​​​​1R8A-12A650-DBA
NCC-201
​​​​​111B
PCM150

3- Do I need the ignition switch cylinder to be change? Can I just leave the old one and just reprogram the key render to the new PCM and cluster or it will be a pain in the @.. needing the same program that we don't have, or a locksmith can do it easily with a computer.

4- 2003 or higher won't work? I will have to buy one from 2002 or lower?

Thanks for any help guys!!!

Old 03-01-2022, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by e_brugal
Hi guys.

As some of you already know, i'm searching for another PCM but this time with cluster, ignition switch cylinder, Door, trunk and glove box key cylinder and key all from same donor car. I have found 1 on ebay matching all the numbers from my original PCM but it cost US$400, lot of money when I make the exchange to Dominican Pesos, US$1 = RD$57), and by law I have to pay 18% import taxes after US$200. Also I lost US$110 with the PCM that I couldn't reprogram. I'm searching for another cheeper option. So I have a few question for you.

1- Does any of you guys know where can i find a cheeper option for a PCM, cluster, ignition switch cylinder, Door, trunk and glove box key cylinder and key?

2- As i'm Changing everything, does it need to have the original PCM numbers or can it be a different one but from the same type of engine, 3.0 V6?

​​​​​1R8A-12A650-DBA
NCC-201
​​​​​111B
PCM150

3- Do I need the ignition switch cylinder to be change? Can I just leave the old one and just reprogram the key render to the new PCM and cluster or it will be a pain in the @.. needing the same program that we don't have, or a locksmith can do it easily with a computer.

4- 2003 or higher won't work? I will have to buy one from 2002 or lower?

Hi Guys

No answer for this?

In that case i will need your answer on #3 but i will reformulate the question, this are two ways that i though for me not change the key of the car. I know i will have to change the PCM and the cluster, but at least i will not have to change all cylinder locks of the car or have two different keys for the same car (hate having a bunch of key in my pocket or hanging when driving)

A- Leave the original cynlinder switch of my car and just change the key reader from the "new" ignition cylinder switch, and reprogram my old key to the "new" pcm, cluster and key reader.

B- Leave the original cylinder switch, change the key reader from the "new" ignition cylinder switch, and change the chip from the "new" combo key to my old key.

Which one will be better or easy?

Old 07-02-2022, 06:10 AM

Hi guys, finally good news.

I bought the PCM, cluster, all lock cylinders and ignition switch with key, the car finally started!!!!!! . The PCM was the problem. Thanks every one for your help

The following 5 users liked this post by e_brugal:
kr98664 (07-02-2022), motorcarman (07-02-2022), Norri (07-04-2022), S-Type Owner (07-02-2022), User 42324 (07-03-2022)
Old 07-02-2022, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,156 Likes on 672 Posts

Good deal. That "PATS" system is not one of Fords "Better Ideas!" Glad you got it fixed and finally get to enjoy your car. Good Luck.

Jack

Old 07-02-2022, 01:43 PM

Thanks!!! But still have more to do before enjoying it, lot of interior plastic damaged, and other stuff. But finally the car runs!!!