Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anagnostis
hello.
i have the same problem, accidently pressed the s/w button and my screen is totaly black. please help!!
This was what I replaced . I don't know if that's the kind you got

Old 11-03-2017, 02:43 AM
Default Please I need help

Hello.
I got the same problem as you guys did. I hit the S/W button and the rest you know. My last six VIN no. is D34124 but my jag was equipped with no panel screen and I turned it to screen. I have another screen and I installed it with the same blank screen although both of them was working. The LCD give me all of the next codes before taking my car to the agency: 50 and 51. After the failure at the agency maintenance the codes became: 50, 51, 86, 87, 88, and 89
Please help my kindly.
Thank you.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:27 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyhab M. Sarhan
I got the same problem as you guys did. I hit the S/W button and the rest you know. .....
Welcome to the forum Eyhab,

I've deleted your other posts with your email addresses. Never a good idea to post this personal information on a public forum.

If you want details on the navigation update disc, see this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...d-link-138788/

There is a link in post #1 where you can download the necessary files to burn to a blank DVD.

Graham

Old 11-06-2017, 06:40 AM
Received 183 Likes on 149 Posts

Remember to UNZIP the file and just burn the file on the CD or DVD
It cannot be in a folder.
7zip.org has a free unzipping tool if you need one.

good luck.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:41 AM
Default Problem Navi black xj8 x350

[QUOTE = solidx; 524648] Scusate ragazzi, ero fuori dal forum da molto tempo e ho controllato questa minaccia. ecco il file di cui avrai bisogno per liberarti dello schermo vuoto.
1. Masterizza in un DVD Dual layer usando la velocità più bassa.
2. Accendi la macchina, inserisci il disco.
3. Spegni la macchina.
4. Accendi la macchina e attendi che inizi a leggere. Dovrebbe venire automaticamente.

Ultimi LOADING.KWI [/ QUOTE]
Sono italiano quindi mi scuso per la traduzione in inglese
I Sono un nuovo membro e ho lo stesso problema, con il mio xj8 x350 (2005): mentre stavo viaggiando lo schermo nav è diventato nero , hvac emette solo lo sbrinamento, i pulsanti sullo schermo non si illuminano e codifica c1 50 e 51.
Ho letto il post e vorrei provare un aggiornamento del software, ma il mio DVD non espelle il disco. È la seconda volta che questo errore lo
ha già fatto una volta, ma improvvisamente è stato aggiustato e non ha fatto nulla che
chiunque può darmi il link per il aggiornamento del software di file? bisogno di alcune informazioni? Grazie mille

Old 01-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Exclamation problem navi black jaguar

[QUOTE = FactoryJaguarTech; 52811]. Basta trascinare dentro e masterizzarlo [/ QUOTE]
sono italiano e non parlo la tua lingua. e possibile avere il file di reset.
ho il problema con il navi nero. Grazie molte
gbeppesergi@gmail.com

Old 01-02-2018, 04:10 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by Joss2364
[QUOTE = FactoryJaguarTech; 52811]. Basta trascinare dentro e masterizzarlo [/ QUOTE]
sono italiano e non parlo la tua lingua. e possibile avere il file di reset.
ho il problema con il navi nero. Grazie molte
gbeppesergi@gmail.com
Joss,

Please use ENGLISH on the forum.

Google Translate START>>>>>
I'm Italian and I do not speak your language. it is possible to have the reset file.
I have the problem with the black navi.
Thank you very much
<<<<<<END

You will get more Views and Replies.

Graham

Old 01-22-2018, 06:43 PM

Plz help
error code 51/50 I burned the disk and nothing

Old 01-23-2018, 02:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Didn't burn it properly / on the right type of media / you need to replace the nav device in the car.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:29 AM
Default Need update for my Jaguar please

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
PM me your email address. I will send you a file. You need to burn it to DVD-R loose then start car, remove map dvd and insert the one you burned. Screen should say updating. If it doesnt, just let it run for 1o minutes, then cycle ignition. I hope it works. If not you likely need DVD reader.
can you help me I need the disk for my s type Jaguar 2006

Old 02-15-2018, 08:41 PM
Post Nav screen won't turn on

Can someone help me I have a 2003 jaguar X-Type 3.0.
My step father accidentally hit software update now my nav scree won't turn on.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

@Jahain = uuummmm.....read this posting. Fix is in the posts as well as help when people have encountered challenges with downloading and installing the fix file.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:13 AM

@Dell Gailey
I have tried to disconnect the battery check fuses. I was hoping someone could email the kiwi file to download because the one in this link isn't available anymore.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:51 AM
Default Please PLEASE HELP what do I burn and how do I do it or could you possibly send me it

Originally Posted by solidx
1. BURN INTO A DUAL LAYER DVD-R - LOOSE - JUST DRAG AND DROP INSIDE DVD-R
2. TURN ON IGNITION AND TAKE OUT MAP DVD.
3. INSERT THE SOFTWARE DVD-R INTO READER AND QUICKLY TURN IGNITION OFF THEN BACK ON, SO SOFTWARE LOADS WHEN SYSTEM LOADS.
4. WAIT A FEW MINUTES - 5-10 UNTIL YOU SEE THE JAGUAR SPLASH SCREEN COME UP.

If this doesnt work for you then you might need help with the DVD-reader Or you might have burned the file incorrectly.
I did the same exact thing and don’t know how or what to burn could you please teach me or even send it

Old 02-20-2018, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

Have you first tried this posted advise that works for some people? Apparently, some newer map discs have the operating (s/w) in then as well as the maps.

Having experienced this problem myself, I can throw some light on it.
The error messages denote that it is a software programme and nothing to do with the hardware.
The navigation update disc also have the software for the change of operating systems and the protocols for the fibre optic controls.
The main cause of this problem seems to be corrupted software on the disc or a failure to load it correctly.
As far as loading is concerned the ignition must be on throughout the loading sequence so it is advisable to have the engine running to keep the battery charged. Under no circumstances should the ignition be switched off until the disc has loaded completely, this is signified by the leaping jaguar appearing on the screen at this point control of the heating and other services are recovered and fully operating, taking about 10 mins
So providing the disc you are loading is OK the method is RELAX
1. switch on ignition and remove disc
2. switch off ignition
3. start engine and insert disc
4. do not switch off ignition until Leaper appears on screen, check heater controls work before switching off.
This should restore all the services in the screen housing and rwestore the mapping system, meaning the system has updated and you can now use your old and new mapping disc.
I hope this helps & my thanks to those on the Forum who have helped me in the past.
Greytop

Old 02-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member

Another post in the body of "blank screen" thread =

My sat nav problems now sorted.

To all people posting here, let me reiterate the earlier advice. THERE IS NO SEPARATE SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE UPDATE. The software or firmware is contained with the Jaguar map dvd. This firmware gives the screen its instructions. If you have blank screen follow these instructions:

1) Try and ensure you have a verified original dvd disc. Although mine was bought back to life by a non original. The year is not relevant at this time.

2) Ignition on. Load disc. Off ignition. Start car. If the screen is still blank after 10 minutes and ext 50/51 is displayed, there is an interupt between the screen and boot dvd player. This is more than likely a faulty dvd player. The disc player is unable to read and thus cannot load the relevant software/firmware, to enable the screen, air con, etc to function.

My system was bought back by replacing the boot mounted dvd player. As soon as I replaced this the system was back up within 10 minutes.

If your system is working ie screen, air con etc, but your nav system does not (commonly displayed 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' ) then whatever you do, DO NOT go into sub menus and try and complete a system update. The notice 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' is more than likely a faulty dvd player, ie it cannot read the disc. The firmware to run screen etc is already embedded so screen continue to function, but by attempting an update under these conditions wipes the firmware, ready for the new firmware on the dvd disc, however it cannot read the disc, thus blank screen.

It is a robust sysyem just follow these instruction and save yourself an awful lot of trouble. Having no air con in 30 degrees is not fun !

Mods can you close this thread, as I and others are being mislead (although with good intentions) and waiting for this mythical software which doesn't exist. Its all contained on jaguar Map DVD!!!

The following users liked this post:
catfondler (09-09-2021)
Old 02-22-2018, 05:14 AM
GGG

THREAD CLOSED

The information is all available here and has been repeated many times.

PLEASE READ THE THREAD INSTEAD OF ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

Graham