XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Driver's door (RH) power window switches and mirror switches not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's door (LH) power window and mirror switches not working

All of the switches in driver side panel suddenly stopped working. Any idea that is there some fuse for that panel? If there is, where it is located?

Door locks work, mirrors turn when I lock the doors.

Last edited by teroks; 04-08-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by teroks
Those suddenly stopped working. Any idea that is there some fuse for that panel? If there is, where it is located?
Accidentally I did put RH drive. It is LH drive and year model 2012

Old 04-08-2016, 01:26 PM

I investigated a little bit more. It seems that light (that turquoise light in door panel) is working normally. All other windows are working normally and nothing else seems to be a problem at the moment.

There are no lights in driver's side switch panel, and any of the switches are not working...seems to be power issue of some sort.

Last edited by teroks; 04-08-2016 at 02:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Simon Chapman (01-23-2021)
Old 04-08-2016, 02:17 PM

And is it possible to get switch panel off without removing the door panel totally?

Old 01-23-2021, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you resolve this problem? I tested as I have the same issue

Old 05-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yes indeed I did please check out my reply above

Old 08-07-2022, 03:08 AM

Hi, I have the same problem and can't see any reply above? I know this is a few years back but hoping you can remember

Old 08-09-2022, 12:07 PM
Received 572 Likes on 354 Posts

Makes two of us and I haven't found a solution new door module and new switch module did not resolve, wiring checks out OK and no fuse issues - this has got so annoying I may sell the car - sick and tired of basic sh*t not working because of computer BS - and this is 100% computer driven so if it decides not to talk there isn't jack you can do. Only think I've not done is put a scope on the comms.

The car is a blast, but electrically its a damn nightmare - battery on charge for a week and still throwing low voltage warnings for a near new battery too - I can't leave this car in an airport - sometimes the media centre doesn't shut down - sometimes it does it depends what mood it is in, the roof lights and glovebox entry have a mind of their own.

Last edited by BenKenobi; 08-09-2022 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by BenKenobi
Makes two of us and I haven't found a solution new door module and new switch module did not resolve, wiring checks out OK and no fuse issues - this has got so annoying I may sell the car - sick and tired of basic sh*t not working because of computer BS - and this is 100% computer driven so if it decides not to talk there isn't jack you can do. Only think I've not done is put a scope on the comms.

The car is a blast, but electrically its a damn nightmare - battery on charge for a week and still throwing low voltage warnings for a near new battery too - I can't leave this car in an airport - sometimes the media centre doesn't shut down - sometimes it does it depends what mood it is in, the roof lights and glovebox entry have a mind of their own.
Thanks BenKenobi, thanks for the heads up on the computer. I have changed the computer to a tesla style screen (and computer/CANBUS/etc) and didnt think that would impact the switch. But clearly it does. Looks like the aftermarket computer is not right hand drive friendly. Will discuss with manafacturer. Sorry to hear about all of your other electrical problems. Something screwed up and draining the battery. If the Tesla style screen was closer to perfect, I might have recommended that as a possible solution to replace the existing computer but there are a couple of problems, like the windows/mirror switch and chinese characters in the drivers console. Thanks again, Brett

Old 10-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone actually fix this? Just had the same thing happened to me😏

Old 10-02-2022, 12:17 PM
Received 572 Likes on 354 Posts

Fix which topic - stupid battery management or windows ?

I resolved my window by replacing the door module on the drivers door, there is a lot of confusion in items available what constitutes the 'drivers door' module and many vehicle salvage yards get it wrong - confounded by the mix of US and UK stuff out there, a clue for me that I did not figure out originally is the door mirrors - only a correct drivers door module can control them, you may allso notice that the 'lock' button doesn't work on the defective door. The passenger and drivers modules are not interchangeable but they will fit in either location. There is not much you can do to diagnose electrically, the door modules are 100% communication driven especially the drivers door master switches. The best diagnostic I found was whether my iCarSoft could detect the door module, if it can't check all the connectors or replace the module, if you can detect the module try to monitor the status of the

The first module I got was grey in colour, this didn't work, the one I finally got was actually all black and this did, the numbers on the modules made little sense either - the number is different from the original but it works - go figure that one. It also seems to be the case that all four modules must be functional for the 'master' switches to be functional

Old 10-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BenKenobi
Fix which topic - stupid battery management or windows ?

I resolved my window by replacing the door module on the drivers door, there is a lot of confusion in items available what constitutes the 'drivers door' module and many vehicle salvage yards get it wrong - confounded by the mix of US and UK stuff out there, a clue for me that I did not figure out originally is the door mirrors - only a correct drivers door module can control them, you may allso notice that the 'lock' button doesn't work on the defective door. The passenger and drivers modules are not interchangeable but they will fit in either location. There is not much you can do to diagnose electrically, the door modules are 100% communication driven especially the drivers door master switches. The best diagnostic I found was whether my iCarSoft could detect the door module, if it can't check all the connectors or replace the module, if you can detect the module try to monitor the status of the

The first module I got was grey in colour, this didn't work, the one I finally got was actually all black and this did, the numbers on the modules made little sense either - the number is different from the original but it works - go figure that one. It also seems to be the case that all four modules must be functional for the 'master' switches to be functional
Thanks for the quick reply 👍
With me it was the top left 10amp fuse in the right foot well (drivers side RHD, passenger side LHD) if that fuse goes then the panel doesn't work🤷