XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Flapping seat belts fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 01:05 PM
SWT
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Flapping seat belts fix?

Does anyone have a fix to keep the rear seat belts from flapping like crazy, and extremely annoyingly, when riding with the top down? I've tried buckling them, doesn't work.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by SWT
Does anyone have a fix to keep the rear seat belts from flapping like crazy, and extremely annoyingly, when riding with the top down? I've tried buckling them, doesn't work.
Drive slower!!!

The following users liked this post:
SWT (04-21-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, mine even flap at normal highway speeds. Would it be sacrilege to glue them down? Hell, I can't imagine anybody ever sitting back there. I'm definitely subscribing to this thread

Old 04-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by SWT
SWT:

Do you have a wind deflector in your car?

If not, here's a link to the one I use....there is no flapping of the rear seat belts with top down. This wind deflector also keeps the wind from buffering back into the car which causes the seat bealts to flap, and draw wind into the cockpit from the rear.

The OEM Jaguar wind defelctor costs about $850-900.00 while you can get the same thing for under $400.00.

If I owned a Jaguar XK/XKR convertible I would NOT be without this wind deflector. It makes a major difference to the driver and passenger when the top is down. The buffering from the wind can be a deal breaker for so many convertibles owners who want to drive he car with the top down.

Give this some serious thought, so you can enjoy your ride on these beautiful El Paso/Las Cruces weather days.

Here's the link, delivery is exceptionaly fast....

Jaguar XK8 XKR 07 2011 Wind Deflector Screen Wind Spot | eBay

Hope this helps.

If your interested in taking a cruise next weekend in your Jaguar, come up to the British Car Days in Las Cruces on Saturday April 26th...from about 10:00 AM to 2:00PM and take a look at some real nice British cars including the Jaguar brand. We will be located on Main Street downtown Las Cruces. It should be a beautiful day for a ride up from El Paso. We are expecting over 55 cars on display. Many from El Paso owners. It's our biggest event of the year.

Last edited by richzak; 04-20-2014 at 05:32 PM.
liquid-chris (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

Duct tape....

Old 04-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

AS side benefit to adding a wind deflector - you can leave extra caps and things in the back seat if need be and they are hidden from view and don't blow around and out when driving on highways and freeways with the top down.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:01 PM

richzac, that looks like exactly what I need! Never seen one for these cars. I'm buying it.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

I got mine from Adamesh in the UK. I have a caramel interior. their beige/tan is almost a perfect match and the price with shipping is quite reasonable with fast delivery (3 - 5 days). Installation time - less than three minutes. Here is the link: www.adamesh.co.uk

Old 04-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by liquid-chris
richzac, that looks like exactly what I need! Never seen one for these cars. I'm buying it.
Since the vendor is in California and the you're in California, you would probably get it by Wednesday ot Thursday.

You wouldn't believe the difference it makes.

I have the Ademesh (UK) brand deflector but the Mina is the same.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 AM
SWT
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Richard; my IT team blocked the link at work but I'll take a look this evening when I get home. Regarding the British Car Days up in Las Cruces... I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing you also and your 09 XKR

The manager at the local Jaguar Dealership advised the same thing this weekend when we were in looking for new tires. Can't wait to see what this looks like. I enjoy riding with the top down, and here in El Paso we can do that nearly 365 days a year, but the flapping seat belts are driving me nuts. I was just going to take them out as the rear seats are only good for Barbie and Ken doll sized people (and my dog refuses to wear the seat belt) but when the Jag technician started showing me all the parts that would have to come off to get to them I decided that wasn't the solution.

Richard; I can't remember if I also thanked you for your earlier recommendation of the convertible top treatment. That stuff is awesome and my top repels water like a ducks back.

This forum is terrific and the members are the best!

Old 04-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SWT
Thanks Richard; my IT team blocked the link at work but I'll take a look this evening when I get home. Regarding the British Car Days up in Las Cruces... I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing you also and your 09 XKR

The manager at the local Jaguar Dealership advised the same thing this weekend when we were in looking for new tires. Can't wait to see what this looks like. I enjoy riding with the top down, and here in El Paso we can do that nearly 365 days a year, but the flapping seat belts are driving me nuts. I was just going to take them out as the rear seats are only good for Barbie and Ken doll sized people (and my dog refuses to wear the seat belt) but when the Jag technician started showing me all the parts that would have to come off to get to them I decided that wasn't the solution.

Richard; I can't remember if I also thanked you for your earlier recommendation of the convertible top treatment. That stuff is awesome and my top repels water like a ducks back.

This forum is terrific and the members are the best!
Glad to hear the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard worked out for you. It is really a terrific product. When you come up on Saturday this weekend, you can see my wind deflector and how it installs. Takes about 2 minutes to install and remove.

Our location for the British cars is in the downtown area on the loop around Main street. Should be easy to find, and great weather also. Should make for a nice drive up from El Paso.

See you there.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphwg
I got mine from Adamesh in the UK. I have a caramel interior. their beige/tan is almost a perfect match and the price with shipping is quite reasonable with fast delivery (3 - 5 days). Installation time - less than three minutes. Here is the link: www.adamesh.co.uk

I contacted Adamesh, as well. They quoted $343 shipped to me here in MD via DHL. receive in 3 days and they accept PayPal

Old 04-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

You'lll lové it! T'ils a mustang. Should be stock with the vert..
Guy

Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

So, I finally had a chance to lower the top and take a drive on the freeway yesterday for the first time since I purchased my XK last November. I reached speeds of over 90 mph at one point and turned to look in the back, specifically to see what the rear seat belts were doing. There was no vibration, flapping or otherwise annoying movement from them. I don't have a wind deflector, although the rear windows were in the up position, thanks to Steve's wonderful Remote Top module. My question is, what could possibly be different from one car to the other that would have some rear belts move from the wind and others like mine, where they remain completely unaffected?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
So, I finally had a chance to lower the top and take a drive on the freeway yesterday for the first time since I purchased my XK last November. I reached speeds of over 90 mph at one point and turned to look in the back, specifically to see what the rear seat belts were doing. There was no vibration, flapping or otherwise annoying movement from them. I don't have a wind deflector, although the rear windows were in the up position, thanks to Steve's wonderful Remote Top module. My question is, what could possibly be different from one car to the other that would have some rear belts move from the wind and others like mine, where they remain completely unaffected?
Sounds like another "Unsolved Mystery". Your car I am sure is very special and equipped with the anti-vibration seat belts in the rear. Probably an option that the old lady in Florida had, but never let anyone know.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

Maybe she fastened them to the seat backs with Polygrip.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

...or could it be the "others" did not have the rear windows up, as they do no have Steve's wonderful kit.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by liquid-chris
Chris:

Did you get the wind deflector delivered and installed yet? Tested it?

Old 04-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Not to throw thread off beat

But since we are talking about seat belts. Does anyone know if the belts come in red color? And how hard it would be to change all the belts?

Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by richzak
Chris:

Did you get the wind deflector delivered and installed yet? Tested it?

Haven't even ordered it yet. This week has been a mess at work. I had the car in and out of two shops (nothing big but kept me pressed for time). I will not be working this weekend and ordering that on ebay is high on my priority list (second only to the scotch I'm suckin on right now). Can't freakin wait though, I really dig the top down experience and I haven't had a convertible for 20 years (had a 65 Cad coupe de ville conv.) This sounds perfect. I'll let you know probably next weekend.