XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Xkr water on pass enter floor

Old 04-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xkr water on pass enter floor

I had this issue with my 07 XKR and we removed the blower motor housing an forced water through the drain hose. This opened the clog. No problem

resistor, remove the blower motor and take it to a motor/ alternator rebuild shop and have the armature bushings regreased. That solved the problem for me and at a cost of $15.00. The resistor can be replaced with virtually any blower motor resistor. No need to get raped by the dealer.

My 07 XKR

My 07 XKR

Old 04-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Received 4,170 Likes on 3,636 Posts

I've moved your post from the Forums Feedback/Suggestions section which is to report problems with the forum to the XK/XKR section.

regards,
Steve

Old 04-12-2015, 07:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awesomeaudiojim
I had this issue with my 07 XKR and we removed the blower motor housing an forced water through the drain hose. This opened the clog. No problem
If you don't mind me asking, what did you use and how did you force water through the drain hose? I had mine repaired by dealer when I bought car 4 weeks ago and it has just started leaking again.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

same question here.. I just had the motor replaced due to rust as a result of the water drainage problem

Old 04-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is similar to closing all the vents and turning on the AC and blower on max in hopes of forcing the water to open the tube and drain out. For folks with the blower motor or control module not working anymore, you can try sealing up the vents and blowing compressed air through it.

I did the compressed air route and it works but I know this is a temporary fix as it will clog up again sooner or later. Unfortunately I think the only way to permanently fix this is to remove the dashboard and replace the duck bill with a new revised drain tube or drop the tranny and cut the existing drain tube.

The following users liked this post:
gdw35 (04-13-2015)
Old 04-13-2015, 05:18 AM

Hey ultraman206, thanks for tip.

I had a particularly long trip home from work tonight (traffic sucked). By the time I got home, sure enough, there was water dripping onto the floor. I thought I would give your trick a try. I switched the climate control to manual and to only use the upper vents. I then switched the fan off and closed all the vents before switching the fan to full power. I left it like this for about 15 seconds before switching it off. I repeated this about 4 times. I then switched everything back to auto.

When I got out of the car I had a look under and sure enough there was a big puddle of water and water dripping from the tranny.

Hopefully this will fix things for a while. Local Jag dealer quoted $1200 to repair so if this works then I will set up a routine to do this every few weeks to ensure it remains unblocked.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by gdw35
If you don't mind me asking, what did you use and how did you force water through the drain hose? I had mine repaired by dealer when I bought car 4 weeks ago and it has just started leaking again.
My friend is a mechanic and he had a suction type tool that resembled a large syringe with a tube about 24" attached to it. I held the tube to the drain while he pushed water out the tool with its plunger. Water drained out above the transmission near the bell housing end. You should look for that discharge as a sign that the drain tube has been reopened.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:15 AM

[QUOTE=awesomeaudiojim;1205302]I held the tube to the drain while he pushed water out the tool with its plunger. [1205302

By removing the AC fan motor are you able to get your hand in to where the drain is to hold the tube?

Old 04-13-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Parzival
same question here.. I just had the motor replaced due to rust as a result of the water drainage problem
No need to replace motor. I brought mine to generator and starter exchange on Mulberry st. In Trenton,N.J and they regreased bushings and checked operation for $15.00. That was 6 months ago with no new issues.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:30 PM

No need to replace motor. I brought mine to generator and starter exchange on Mulberry st. In Trenton,N.J and they regreased bushings and checked operation for $15.00. That was 6 months ago with no new issues.
Was your motor still working? When I took out my blower motor and opened it up; it was so rusted and seized up, I don't think any shop can refurbish it. Also, I had the blower control module (C2Z6538) go out too and there is no way to refurbish that from what I can tell.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 316 Posts

[QUOTE=gdw35;1205375]
I held the tube to the drain while he pushed water out the tool with its plunger. [1205302

By removing the AC fan motor are you able to get your hand in to where the drain is to hold the tube?
If you could get your hand in, it's a pity you didn't video or take a picture of this vent area. If you can get at the drain tube why not push a bigger tube through that will stay in it and be open all the time,

Old 04-15-2015, 05:32 AM

Hello all, I'm new here and I'm about to buy an XK. Lucky me

Maybe this is a stupid question ...

but if you turn the A/C off or use it in ECO-mode, can this problem still occur?

Because, where I live (Belgium) it's always cold and i almost never turn the A/C on in my daily driver (a mercedes). Only when it's VERY hot, I turn it on for about 5 minutes, and then shut it off again.

So if I can prevent this water-on-the -passenger-floor problem, by simply turning the airco off, i'll do it.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-15-2015, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by orange
Hello all, I'm new here and I'm about to buy an XK. Lucky me

Maybe this is a stupid question ...

but if you turn the A/C off or use it in ECO-mode, can this problem still occur?

Because, where I live (Belgium) it's always cold and i almost never turn the A/C on in my daily driver (a mercedes). Only when it's VERY hot, I turn it on for about 5 minutes, and then shut it off again.

So if I can prevent this water-on-the -passenger-floor problem, by simply turning the airco off, i'll do it.

Thanks in advance!
First, hello and welcome! You won't regret buying the XK.

In theory not using the AC will not produce condensation and therefore not build up water and overflow assuming your AC drain is clogged to begin with. You also have to remember using the front windshield defroster will also engage your AC therefore it can still happen (ask me how I know). I forgot about this and had the defrost going during my 15 hour drive and when I got home, of course I discovered the passenger foot well was all soaked.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by ultraman206
First, hello and welcome! You won't regret buying the XK.

In theory not using the AC will not produce condensation and therefore not build up water and overflow assuming your AC drain is clogged to begin with. You also have to remember using the front windshield defroster will also engage your AC therefore it can still happen (ask me how I know). I forgot about this and had the defrost going during my 15 hour drive and when I got home, of course I discovered the passenger foot well was all soaked.
Thanks for your reply! I'll try it then with the ac switched off.