XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Eurocharged Tune & Pulley - Before and After | Dyno Sheets Included

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Received 102 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Eurocharged Tune & Pulley - Before and After | Dyno Sheets Included

Hello my fellow Jaguar owners! I wanted to post a link to my thread documenting my upgrade process with Eurocharged. I know there are a few XKR folks on this section of the forum who have had questions about Eurocharged. Many of you are wanting dyno sheets and I have taken the time to document my baseline, pulley, and pulley + tune power levels.

I hope this is informative for you guys!

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...cluded-151897/

The following 6 users liked this post by patrickw813:
Cambo (10-21-2015), guy (10-26-2015), JagV8 (10-22-2015), RainsFather (10-25-2015), ralphwg (10-22-2015), tberg (10-22-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-21-2015, 09:37 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I would have expected your numbers to be much higher. Assuming a 15% loss of power from drivetrain delivery you achieved a crank hp rating of 500 (425/.85). You have the 5l SC engine which has a high stock tune of 550 hp on the XKR-S. I assume Eurocharged uses the base XKR-S tune and tweaks it to achieve 620 hp on the 5L SC with 1.5 pulley change. You achieved much less hp than the anticipated 620hp. Furthermore there is only a 30hp increase at the wheels after the tune and pulley change over your base hp. I find your numbers disappointing.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the great write up. Something like what you did getting all the dyno sheets together for different stages of pulley and tune is something I've been looking for since I purchased my car. While you may not have received the 55hp they claim, your midrange torque is very impressive. Crazy question, why run the A/C while doing all this?

Old 10-22-2015, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by DGL
I would have expected your numbers to be much higher. Assuming a 15% loss of power from drivetrain delivery you achieved a crank hp rating of 500 (425/.85). You have the 5l SC engine which has a high stock tune of 550 hp on the XKR-S. I assume Eurocharged uses the base XKR-S tune and tweaks it to achieve 620 hp on the 5L SC with 1.5 pulley change. You achieved much less hp than the anticipated 620hp. Furthermore there is only a 30hp increase at the wheels after the tune and pulley change over your base hp. I find your numbers disappointing.
I am sure you'll agree that estimating power at the engine by using dyno numbers is quite inaccurate. There are too many variables between different types of dyno's and their correction settings. The only way to accurately measure engine power is by physically removing the engine and placing it on an engine dyno. Obviously nobody on this forum, nor any sane individual, will actually ever do this.

I will agree that total power gained is not as high as I hoped nor as high as they've advertised. Please keep in mind that Eurocharged advertise a 55 horsepower gain at the motor and a 65ft lb of torque. I do not know where or why you have the 620 number in mind but Eurocharged definitely do not advertise power at that level. I am, however, satisfied with the amount of torque gained by this setup. You can feel the difference on a day to day basis.

Attached to this response is a dyno chart that HG Motorsports provided for me to simulate numbers that I would achieve on a Dynojet dyno. The conversion factor was achieved by running the same vehicles on a local Dynojet dyno and calculating the desparity. Just by this graph alone, you can understand why all dyno sheets should be used as a reference and nothing more.

Many 5.0L cars have made between 440 and 460 horsepower at the wheels when stock on a Dynojet. As you can see from the attached graph, the Dynojet conversion of my run closely matches this. When tuned, many of these cars see power between 480 and 520 horsepower. My tuned power number falls right in the middle of the average numbers.

Perhaps this may change your mind or you may still be disappointed. Regardless, I hope both yourself and other people reading this response have a better understanding of dyno's, their conversion factors, and the potential massive differences in readings from dyno to dyno. As I mentioned in my linked posted, the purpose of my writeup was not to "dyno race" and try and show off a massive power number. The purpose was to verify advertised power gains. Horsepower was shy, torque was right at the advertised rate.

In the interest of being fair to all parties, I would like to mention that the Eurocharged advertised horsepower number is when using 93 octane. Unfortunately, I am limited to 91. The tune was adjusted for the octane rating available to me.

Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged Tune & Pulley - Before and After | Dyno Sheets Included-photogrid_1445490970079.png  

Last edited by patrickw813; 10-22-2015 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by RainsFather
Thanks for the great write up. Something like what you did getting all the dyno sheets together for different stages of pulley and tune is something I've been looking for since I purchased my car. While you may not have received the 55hp they claim, your midrange torque is very impressive. Crazy question, why run the A/C while doing all this?
I ran the A/C because I never have the air conditioning off while driving. I was hoping to achieve realistic power numbers as I would experience on a normal day of driving. It was also interesting to see how the car would respond being ran with the air conditioning in regards to heatsoak.

Thankfully, the car ran as it should and heatsoak was not an issue.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

It's great to see real results posted.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Got my Eurocharged package in the mail last week and will install early next week. I can't wait to "feel" the difference. Thanks for the excellent information.

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (10-23-2015)
Old 10-22-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by tberg
Got my Eurocharged package in the mail last week and will install early next week. I can't wait to "feel" the difference. Thanks for the excellent information.
If you need any assistance or require any information during your install, please don't hesitate to send me a PM!

tberg (10-22-2015)
Old 10-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ahh the butt dyno vs Dynojet. In my NASA racing years you had to have a dyno sheet at the begining of each season and the top three finishers always got tested. Some times a whole class.
A lot of cars that won were legal and some way over. Driver is huge factor!

Old 10-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Were you able to collect data on the A/F before and after?

Thanks.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 345 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg

Definitely want to know how it FEELS brother!

Old 10-23-2015, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by FrickenJag
Were you able to collect data on the A/F before and after?

Thanks.
Yes I was. Interestingly enough, it remained remarkably similar through all three stages of the modifications. I have sent Eurocharged an email asking them what it is they did to find the extra power. Considering the air-fuel ratio hasn't been changed, I believe there is a bit more headroom to find power.

Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged Tune & Pulley - Before and After | Dyno Sheets Included-patrick-w-stock-vs-pulley-vs-pulleytune-afr.jpg  
FrickenJag (10-26-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickw813
I ran the A/C because I never have the air conditioning off while driving. I was hoping to achieve realistic power numbers as I would experience on a normal day of driving. It was also interesting to see how the car would respond being ran with the air conditioning in regards to heatsoak.

Thankfully, the car ran as it should and heatsoak was not an issue.
Same reason I have never run any special tires at the drag strip on my cars/trucks, that way I knew that my street time wouldnt be too different from my track time. Good to know you didnt have any heat soak issues.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickw813
Yes I was. Interestingly enough, it remained remarkably similar through all three stages of the modifications. I have sent Eurocharged an email asking them what it is they did to find the extra power. Considering the air-fuel ratio hasn't been changed, I believe there is a bit more headroom to find power.
Interesting. Seems they may have tweaked the timing and left desired a/f alone. Possibly added a few degrees and left a/f alone for a good safe tune. CMD has quality products and it appears Eurocharged is using the right master/slave units. They may be using their standard safe tunes and not tweaking other maps. Which means if you were to tweak the fueling slightly, you could see even more gains. All in all, it looks like a good tune. Toss on a good header/highflow cat, you could possibly see more nice gains.

Regards,
Derek Fricke